Nero, Latest Upgrade 5.5.9.17 - Please Post your experience

Have you tryed the new version 5.5.9.17 - and does it work relayably. Is the upgrade from 5.5.82 worth while. Please post your experience. Thanks.

It works like it should. Btw: I’ve never had problems with this software.

No difference between 5.5.8.3 & 5.5.9.17 in performance. No coasters with both.

Both work fine.:slight_smile:

I’ve been satisfied with 5.5.9.17 Nero release.

Combined ISO/UDF files systems of DVD-Video discs are still invalid…as before.

I just wanted to know why, the “Show buffer underrun protection counter at the end of the burn proces” in the “Dialogs” tab of preferences in Nero 5.5.9.17 is greyed.

Earlier it was available in Nero 5.5.8.3 but didn’t work.

It works well for me too , basic operation and some image files …
Yes its ok …

It´s OK!

hai die hai,

it is strange but with that version of nero i get a: insufficient memory error when i try to burn the mp3 as a audio cd :confused:

Originally posted by Majapro
[B]hai die hai,

it is strange but with that version of nero i get a: insufficient memory error when i try to burn the mp3 as a audio cd :confused: [/B]
Can you do that?!

All versions of Nero since 5.5 have worked great for me.

note: I never used Nero before version 5.5 because I was one of those bums that used the sh** software by Roxio… ummm… what is it called again?? :stuck_out_tongue:

@FP;

Nero can make an Audio CD from MP3s but it does the conversion on the fly so have either 1) a fast CPU or 2) A BURN proof drive :slight_smile:

You need to create an Audio CD and then it will allow you to drag and drop MP3s and WAVs into the ‘Burn’ window inserting a 2 second pause between each track.

I’ve done it a few times mainly creating compilation CDs for use in the car.

Originally posted by Orinoco
[B]@FP;

Nero can make an Audio CD from MP3s but it does the conversion on the fly so have either 1) a fast CPU or 2) A BURN proof drive :slight_smile:

You need to create an Audio CD and then it will allow you to drag and drop MP3s and WAVs into the ‘Burn’ window inserting a 2 second pause between each track.

I’ve done it a few times mainly creating compilation CDs for use in the car. [/B]
[Slightly OT]Our car stereo won’t play MP3 so theys all .WAV Audio CD compilations. When I rip a CD-DA, in DiscJuggler, it’ll do the MP3 and the .WAV at the same time. MP3s for the MP3 players and .WAV Audio CD for the car. What happens to the MP3 dropped into an Audio CD compilation? Is it converted to .WAV on the fly? If so, I don’t need to do this (but my son will!). MP3 conversion to .WAV, I do in Feurio! because of its reporting ability about all sorts of errors etc. Some of these ‘shared’ files are just rubbish.[/Slightly OT]

Nero 5.5.9.17 works just fine. I’m just waiting for the Alcohol pre-mastering feature to say bye to Nero :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FutureProof
What happens to the MP3 dropped into an Audio CD compilation? Is it converted to .WAV on the fly?

Exactly right, hence the need for a fast CPU or a BURN proof drive. :slight_smile:

I’m not convinced about the quality argument for MP3 conversion as it is just a mathematical algorithm for file conversion and thus if the algorithm is implemented correctly it doesn’t matter who does it. I haven’t noticed any problems with Nero’s MP3 to WAV conversion, but then if I’m only listening in the car would I?