Nero lag? Cannot detect 3 more devices

Hi, once i formated my PC i’ve installed all needed drivers for my DVD-ROM(it’s mixed recorder-i can record DVD and CD) and installed Nero Express(from the same CD as usually. Since i formated my HDD i didn’t used the Nero, I used the Alcohool to mount images. But when my pc was full of junk i decided to record all the stuff i have. I went to Nero and i get a new window like: “Availible recorders- CD-R/CD-RW Image Recorder”.I closed it. And clicked the recorder choose and there is no CD-R/CD-RW Recorder, DVD-R Recorder and DVD image recorder NONE OF THOSE 3 ARE THERE, as they were before. I can’t record DVD’s now with Nero. Please help! I don’t want to use damned Alcohool to record it.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

It’s possible there’s a registry problem and if you create a text file from the following and save it with a .reg extension & execute it with Explorer & reboot it might work.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

so all i have to do is to create a tex file whatever named open it copy this and paste
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
“UpperFilters”=-
“LowerFilters”=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

Save as… blabla.reg? and then just execute it? double click?

Yep. And if that doesn’t help we can go from there. :slight_smile:

There’s also a link in my sig to a Microsoft support page on deleting the upper/lower filters, there’s a Guided Help on there which you can download to make the process easier.

So that’s two ways to do it. :slight_smile:

nothing happened. I tryed with .reg. OR I HAVE TO REINSTALL the Nero and Alcohool? I remember i tryed to install the Daemon, and it gave me the message, the warning,about benchmarking? don’t remember.

Are the drives listed in Device Manager?

If so, is there a yellow exclamation mark beside them?

I assume you did reboot.

Hehe, I wondered that too :wink:

Of course you did dear. :bigsmile:

Yep, for once I couldn’t be bothered to edit :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

erm what do you mean reboot? In alcohool i can see Virtual drive E and Physical drive D. In nero i only see Image Recorder CD-R/RW.

Reboot = restart the PC.

i did it

Did you install some OEM version then??

i don’t know. Previous I installed windows with no SP, and now i installed it from another cd with SP2.

i checked the drives with devfilter, and found that cd-rom has no low-filter draiver.

Can somebody help me please? I think that Nero problem was created with Daemon, but i uninstallled it and Nero still shows only Image Recorder.

i don’t think so, i have 2 CD’s. One has on it This software works only with the drive it came with. So i use the second CD which has no thing on it.

Try installing ImgBurn & see if that recognises them. Also does Explorer see them?

Good advise, if Imgburn detects it, then there must be a conflict somewhere. :iagree:

ok i installed that ImgBurn thing, it found my DVD-ROM (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B (D: ) )but i don’t know how to check the recorders here

EDIT: here’s bad interface, and i can’t record simple file formats like .rar or .zip, maybe that means i only have IMAGE RECORDER AGAIN?
I’ve discovered i have no Class filters, i mean i erased them? do i really need them now?