Nero infotool problem

vbimport

Nero infotool won’t load. I see a window which says it’s reading drive information, but it then closes. Any suggestions?

There can be a huge number of reasons causing this problem. What Windows version are you running? If you are running on 2000 or XP, you could check up on your system and application logs, to see if Windows or the Infotool produces any kind of error…

If you have your optical drives on PCI card and HDs on mobo controller, switch it. Optical drives don’t play nice on PCI cards.

Or you can reinstall ASPI layer, v4.60. ForceASPI v1.7has this version.

A virtual cd drive can cause this.

Originally posted by Ambush

Nero infotool won’t load. I see a window which says it’s reading drive information, but it then closes.
Any suggestions?

1. [COLOR=darkblue]Nero Infotool

2. Secondly, in case if there’s Alcohol installed in your system,
    then goto : Emuliation option > disable Ignore Media Type

3. The Search button used to be a very useful troubleshooting remedy ! :smiley: [/COLOR]

This happens to me as well, and I thought this was due to Demon Tools, so I made sure that it wasn’t running and tried again, but the problem seems to be my hard disk (Western Digital 40gig) as the light just stays on for about two minutes and then (for reasons unknown) it recognises the disc and carries on as normal. I have no idea why it does what it does (and why it takes 2 mins to probe my HD) but in the end it works fine. Is this any relation to your problem?

Which version do you use ?
Have you tried the latest one yet ? www.cdfreaks.com/news/7335

HD, you say. How often do you get it defrgmented ?

I have version 2.0 and I defrag on a regular basis.
It’s just a bizzare thing, if it is looking for stuff on my HD what the hell is it looking for? it doesn’t take 2 mins to find an ASPI layer or what version of nero i’m using.
BTW I benchmarked my HD and if it is reading files on my disk then in 2 mins you could read about 10gig or so :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Again, what version of system ASPI are you running. Without a proper system ASPI layer, InfoTool will not be able to read your optical drives.

Check your Task Manager and see what’s running in the back ground.

I have win System ASPI 4.60 and Nero ASPI 2.0.1.59, and when it finally loads Info Tool finds my burner any everything is OK.
Theres nothing too heavy running in the background and I make sure that demon tools is not loaded in any way. I am running Athlon1800XP, 128MB win2K Pro so it’s not the computer being slow.
It’s no biggie for me, It’s a good tool but I don’t use it on a daily basis anyway so I can live with this little annoyance for now.

Originally posted by petera

(and why it takes 2 mins to probe my HD)
Sorry for my silly question, but I wonder if DMA is enabled.

Yep, I’ve just checked in case something changed the setting, but it’s still on Ultra DMA mode.

1. or you use the new version 2.0,
  2. or you have to disable the virtual drivers in devicemanager

Hi Ricky

Originally posted by ricky9

1. or you use the new version 2.0,
  2. or you have to disable the virtual drivers in devicemanager

Originally posted by petera
I have version 2.0

1. what connection is between disabling virtual drive and petera’s HD performance ?
    Do you know if he has any virtual drives installed ? The only thing he mentioned was Daemon Tools.

I have 1 virtual drive (via Demon Tools), but it is always disabled when I try infotool.
I am about to do a total defrag on the HD (Diskeepers boot time defrag, wich lets you defrag the page file as well), but I might not have time to tell you if this works b4 I go on my hols, but when I get back I’ll tell you if it made any difference.

this is a ASPI problem i always have this problem after i upgrade to 4.60 ASPI .