NERO infotool and X56 CD-ROM drives

vbimport

Hello there,

From some reason the Nero InfoTool does not show the correct speed of a X56 drive. I have tried both Aopen and Artec X56 drive and in both cases it’s showed X52.

There is something that i should do in order to “make” the InfoTool to show the correct speed or that’s the way it is?

InfoTool reports dodgy stuff sometimes, use CDSpeed for exact measurement how fast the drive is.
You can’t do much to change Infotools opinion, it’s very stubborn :slight_smile:

Originally posted by kovals
[B]Hello there,

From some reason the Nero InfoTool does not show the correct speed of a X56 drive. I have tried both Aopen and Artec X56 drive and in both cases it’s showed X52.
[/B]

This means that the drive is reporting its maximum speed setting incorrectly. Probably the parameters from the drive’s predecessor were copied and the engineers forgot to update the maximum speed parameter. :slight_smile:

You should be able to reach 56x with CD Speed as Airhead suggested.
Artec 56x

OK, so i will not pay attention to the InfoTool, but in the CD-Speed screen the maximum speed that i show is X48. In the link that “ErikDeppe” gave me i can see X56. Why i can’t see X56 in my PC?