Nero info tool weird "read speed"

i’m currently running a 48125w with firmware vs0b. in nero info tool this burner is said to have a max read speed of 12x. wa? write speed is 48x. am i wrong in assuming that read speed should be shown as 48x ??? this is on the drive tab. with version 1.03.3.

always injoy cdfreaks, it’s kinda like air

help if you can, this prob is something very simple/very complicated…more than likely it’s lousy software design. some of the gotcha’s are horrible:a

You have to read a disc at full speed for it to show the correct reading. Run the transfer rate test in CDSpeed then check it again. 12x is the default reading on any new drive or updated firmware untill you actually use the drive.

:o told you it was prob a gotcha. i do seem to remember (as though at the end of a long dark tunell) reading something about that, i think.

it does show correctly if you (i) dot the eyes and cross the tees. i keep thinking that these machines are/should do things like people.

i do thank you rdgrimes.

i also think that there should be better integration with these tools. but i will not c/o of the bottom line that i/we get out of them.

thanks again, now off to put in the 52246s and a new hd. by the way, any caveats about winxp? during or after the install? it’ll be put on a clean disk as boot drive.

Originally posted by lucky9
i’m currently running a 48125w with firmware vs0b. in nero info tool this burner is said to have a max read speed of 12x. wa? write speed is 48x. am i wrong in assuming that read speed should be shown as 48x ??? this is on the drive tab. with version 1.03.3.

LiteOn drives report speed settings which depend on the disc.
For blank discs they show 4x, 8x and 12x as possible speed settings. If there is no disc in the drive they will show the last possible speed settings.

This is a bit unusual because most drives report all possible speed settings when a blank disc is inserted or when no disc is inserted.

:bigsmile: have it, use it, luv it. they have probs with incd. i won’t use it. but nbr :bow: :bow: :bow: