Nero Imagedrive

vbimport

I have the latest version of Nero, but I don’t see where the imagedrive program is located or installed. How do I get it to intall? Do I have to go through the whole install process again? Perhaps, more important, is imagedrive better that Daemon Tools? Daemon tools is limited to 4 drives and appears to indicate that drives can only read at 32x. Is Imagedrive different? And is the 32x speed on Daemon tools really the speed that the drive reads at? Thanks

Start > Programs > Ahead > Install Image Drive

It is not there. I originally installed from a disk that came with my drive and have updated to most recent version. I don’t recall ever seeing a reference to installing ImageDrive. Can I go back to the CD and install it? I also could not find any reference to ImageDrive on Ahead’s website. Do they still/ever support it.

NeroImageDrive Installation :
Ok : 2 ways :

Install last nero update and during installation, check in windows mp the Image drive installer folder which vanishes at the end of the installation (it should be in MISC folder)- Copy it to another folder and install it later .

Backup your Nero key (also if OEM version), desinstall Nero and Reinstall last update only .

Both methods work .

Perhaps, more important, is imagedrive better that Daemon Tools? - Daemon tools is limited to 4 drives

The best is to install both NeroImageDrive and Daemon, you will get more Virtual dvd reader (I don’t know Nero max number) and Daemon will also accept .nrg image file if NeroImageDrive is installed .
(Install NeroImageDrive before Daemon)

Daemon drives can only read at 32x. Is Imagedrive different?

As Nero Image Drive is based on Daemon kernel, there is not any reason that NeroImageDrive could be better in term of speed

Is the 32x speed on Daemon tools really the speed that the drive reads at?

It relies on your Hard Disk and CPU, check with NeroInfo tool !!

Thanks. I will try it. Have you ever been to St. Felix de Lodez?

Have you ever been to St. Felix de Lodez?

No, where is it exactly ?

:eek:

It is between Montpellier and Clermont l’Herault. I worked in the vinyards there back in 1980. It is sweet little village. You should visit someday.

Although not a lot of people are interested in this part of the post,

I have been a few times on the road which goes from clermont l’Herault to montpellier !!!

Ahh yes, the vin rouge in France is excellent.

It turns out that the install program for ImageDrive was under:
Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Misc\NeroImageDriveInst.exe

Who would have thunk?
I installed it but haven’t used it yet. It appears to only allow one extra drive. Is that the case? Can I just mount more than one image in the drive?
I still wonder why Daemon reports the speed of the virtual drive to be 32x. I certainly have a faster HD than that.
Finally, what would you say are the advantages of ImageDrive over Daemon, if any. In other words, if you had to pick any, which would it be.
Le vin rouge in St. Felix was pretty bad when I worked there, but I had some recently and it has improved tremendously. I only had to pay 25 centimes a liter back then. About $0.15. Talk about hangovers.
Also, I have been visiting some other tech forums, and I have to say the folks at Freaks have about the best there is. I really like the set up with sticky notes and all the other features. At most other sites people just ask the same question over and over.

already explained (except drive number) :

The best is to install both NeroImageDrive and Daemon, you will get 1 more Virtual dvd reader and Daemon will also accept .nrg image file if NeroImageDrive is installed .