Nero Help Please

I used Nero v66016 withput any problems. Then I formatted HDD and installed XP Pro w/SP2 and Nero said there were compatibility issues. So I took their advice and upgraded to v7, but akl the useless add-ons took over all my audio, video and other files. How can I get Nero Burning Rom and SmartStart to work like version 6 did? I backup my movie collection and some data cds. Is there another program that will backup movie files (video_ts) like Nero? I need help quickly. Thanks.

Use ImgBurn in Build Mode, with this guide.

[QUOTE=beef barley;1931322]Use ImgBurn in Build Mode, with this guide.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your advice. Will I get the same results? I nornally use AnyDVD 6193 and or DVd2one the burn the movie. At times I have to use DVD Shrink. I will look into Imgburn and the guide.

Do I have to use Dual Layer Discs? Will Imgburn convert the files like DVD2 one?

I registered with Imgburn site, read your guide, but wny can’t I reply to it? I do not use dual layer discs. I only backup movie, most of the time. Thanks

Hey Hitech, IMGBurn only burns,you still have to rip to HDD …you don’t have to use DL media just use shrink to reduce to DVD-5 disc,and burn with IMGBurn…
http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/backup%20with%20DVDFABDcryptrShrinkImgbrn.pdf

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1931364]Hey Hitech, IMGBurn only burns,you still have to rip to HDD …you don’t have to use DL media just use shrink to reduce to DVD-5 disc,and burn with IMGBurn…
http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/backup%20with%20DVDFABDcryptrShrinkImgbrn.pdf[/QUOTE]

So I use AnyDVD, DVD2one, or Shrink as usual? Sorry to sound dumb, but I never used IngBurn. Thanks for your help.

Yes ,just use AnyDVD, as before and burn with IMGBurn…
BTW, no need to be sorry,glad to help out…good luck!..:slight_smile:

I am sorry I didn’t get back to this thread sooner Hitech, but it looks like you are being well looked after. Again I have to apologize for giving the link to DL rather than SL.

SL guide.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my questions. I think, I have my problem corrected now, plus learning about some new links. ImgBurn seems to be quite a program.

One last question…does anyone know why Nero takes over everything, as far as file association? i.e. audio, pics, video, media player clips etc. I mean it really screws up things.

Later my friends…I hope all of you have a nice Thanksgiving.