Nero Hanging

Everything was working OK until I tried using Nero to transcode an 8 GB HD TP file to a regular DVD. It said it would take 6 hours but 15 hours later it had made 3 hours of progress so I figured it looked hung so I finally aborted it.

I’m using ADS Tech Instand HDTV tuner, a dual tuner which does both atsc and ntsc and came with a remote. PTV-380-EF

Today, even windows media player won’t play the previously recorded HDTV TP files! They played fine yesterday.

Then I wanted to record another show and now the SnapStream’s Beyond TV won’t even load up. It starts to, with the start screen, then it appears in the tray and five seconds later it disappears. It does not continue to run in Windows Task Manager. I suppose I have to reinstall it.

I’ll transfer this to the new Hi Def forums here…

[quote=Viking2112;1942848]Everything was working OK until I tried using Nero to transcode an 8 GB HD TP file to a regular DVD. It said it would take 6 hours but 15 hours later it had made 3 hours of progress so I figured it looked hung so I finally aborted it.

I’m using ADS Tech Instand HDTV tuner, a dual tuner which does both atsc and ntsc and came with a remote. PTV-380-EF

Today, even windows media player won’t play the previously recorded HDTV TP files! They played fine yesterday.

Then I wanted to record another show and now the SnapStream’s Beyond TV won’t even load up. It starts to, with the start screen, then it appears in the tray and five seconds later it disappears. It does not continue to run in Windows Task Manager. I suppose I have to reinstall it.[/quote]
Do you have the Nero HD-Bluray plug-in for Nero?

So you didn’t have a crash or have to reset?

Possible a codec got corrupted so you could reinstall what you had before if you remember.

System restore or restore a backup if you have one will fix it.

@Viking2112

Did you ever get this issue resolved yet?

Give us some more details and what else you have tried.

More likely the recorded stream is corrupt!