Nero Express & DivX

vbimport

Hi,

Can anyone get Nero Express (3) to work with DivX Pro 6? I have tried loading in MPEG, vob & avi files to export as DivX but I have not managed to get it to work once as yet. Every time I get an “Error occurred during export operation” message after about 3 seconds and it stops.

I have had the Nero suite for months now and I have only just realised that this was (should be) possible from Nerovision Express and means I can do everything from the one application, which is nice if it works!

Andrew

You can export from nero vision express into nero digital which is as good as divx 6

[QUOTE=a.wright;1112239]Hi,

Can anyone get Nero Express (3) to work with DivX Pro 6? I have tried loading in MPEG, vob & avi files to export as DivX but I have not managed to get it to work once as yet. Every time I get an “Error occurred during export operation” message after about 3 seconds and it stops.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

I have the solution!! I couldn’t find it on google, so I’m adding it myself to better serve the cyber community :slight_smile:

Nero Vision seems to be a fairly crap program it is very slow and crashes a lot, this is how you get it to successfully encode videos:

Change the video format from “AVI” to “MPEG-2” and it will work fine, after that you can use other software to convert it to whatever format you want.

I tried setting it to “AVI DV”, but halfway through encoding a different error message came up. I recommend not messing with the configuration too much, because that makes the program crash, then freeze, then the only way to shut it down is under ‘processes’ in the task manager.

Under configuration, this is how I got it to work well for me:
Leave it on ‘DVD-Video compatible’, DON’T select ‘custom’, it will crash and freeze.
Video mode PAL
aspect ration 4:3
sample format progressive
quality setting high quality
turn super resolution on for best quality if your original video is smaller than the resolution it’s set to, but it makes the encoding take about 6 times longer, and the quality difference is not really noticeable.
encoder quality fine tuning 100
encoding method fast encoding (1-pass) (2-pass has no noticeable difference, and takes 3 times longer)
nero smart encoding enable
audio format stereo.

enjoy!