Nero Express 6 Vs. Express 7

vbimport

Trying to decide which version to install…

I bought a Samsung DVD drive awhile back that came with Nero Express 6 (6.6.0.19b).

Then last month I bought another Samsung drive that came with Nero Express 7 (7.9.6.4).

Are they virtually the same?

Is one preferred over the other?

Thanks.

Here is a thread which covers some basics about your question. As this thread is a little old, it doesn’t address one big difference. Nero 7.9.6.4 is conpatible with Vista while Nero 6 is not.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f48/oem-nero-express-6-vs-nero-burning-rom-195174/

Since we don’t know your O/S your using we can only speculate as to what you have til you tell us otherwise. Rather then asking express for 6 or 7 you should be asking for the Ultra version or full retail as the express will limit you to what ever hardware those software was configured for. So if you change your burner, you will be left out in the cold cause it was only made for that drive and no other. So forget about express and look at the Ultra or Full retail version of both package. Also as the previous post says 7 works for vista little buggy but that was that start for change to work for vista.

Hi,[quote=coolcolors;2158781]So if you change your burner, you will be left out in the cold cause it was only made for that drive and no other.[/quote]I can’t confirm this for Samsung bundled versions. :disagree:

So forget about express and look at the Ultra or Full retail version of both package.
I beg to differ :wink: Nero Express is good enough for quick burning jobs like a music CD for the car etc. For other tasks, Imgburn is the software of choice :slight_smile:

On XP, I’d prefer Nero 6.6 over 7.x since it’s less bloated :wink:

Michael

Burrrn would probably a better idea to use for AudioCD. :wink:

[quote=chef;2158844]Burrrn would probably a better idea to use for AudioCD. ;)[/quote]:disagree: Doesn’t work properly on NT based Windows. I had to modify some file permissions to make it useable.

Ow, thats bad.

[quote=chef;2158855]Ow, thats bad.[/quote]Never tried? Or always working with administrative permissions?

I prefer “runas”. :wink:

XP Home
Drive is a Samsung (TSST) SN-S082H

Thanks!

[QUOTE=mciahel;2158842]Hi,I can’t confirm this for Samsung bundled versions. :disagree:
I beg to differ :wink: Nero Express is good enough for quick burning jobs like a music CD for the car etc. For other tasks, Imgburn is the software of choice :slight_smile:

On XP, I’d prefer Nero 6.6 over 7.x since it’s less bloated :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]

True you right there if you just doing small jobs then express is good for that. That concern I had was how the express was package with certain drives which prevent you from updating the drive if the original drive dies.

Hi,[quote=coolcolors;2158964]That concern I had was how the express was package with certain drives which prevent you from updating the drive if the original drive dies.[/quote]Fortunately, the Samsung bundled OEM versions are not tied to the drive :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mainrhythm;2158731]Trying to decide which version to install…

I bought a Samsung DVD drive awhile back that came with Nero Express 6 (6.6.0.19b).

Then last month I bought another Samsung drive that came with Nero Express 7 (7.9.6.4).

Are they virtually the same?

Is one preferred over the other?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

[QUOTE=mainrhythm;2158951]XP Home
Drive is a Samsung (TSST) SN-S082H

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I picked up the same drive last week as a replacement, but I have had some issues and wasn’t able to test all functions. Are you happy with this drive so far?