Nero Express 6.6.0.2 and long filenames on DVDs

vbimport

I buyed a NEC ND-3520A retail with Nero Express 6 (6.6.0.2) as software.
I have tryied to backup all my mp3 files (about 1,5GB) on a 4,7GB TDK DVD-RW 2x.
Some mp3s I have are named with a very long filename, more than 90 characters. Nero Express 6 doesn’t alert me about these long filenames, and has burned the dvd apparently correctly without any errors. I can see all files correctly now.
But I am wondering how this is possible! The filesystem resulted is a ISO9660+Joliet and I known Joliet allows up to 64 characters!

I don’t know if Nero uses some hacks or tricks to allow more than 64 characters, but I am asking if the dvd I have burned is correct and can be viewed correctly on other operating systems (Win9x, Linux, Mac, ecc…).

Final note: during all the operations, Nero Express 6 doesn’t show me what filesystem he wants to use and doesn’t allow me to select any filesystem or writing mode!!! (Very bad … :frowning: )

Final note: during all the operations, Nero Express 6 doesn’t show me what filesystem he wants to use and doesn’t allow me to select any filesystem or writing mode!!! (Very bad … :frowning: )

See the image below.

DRF

Uhm … ok … I need to be a bit more clear!
I have not the full version of Nero Burning ROM 6 but only the “Express” version!!! I don’t have the configuration dialog box you have posted!!!

See the photo of the CD I have received with my NEC3520. Do you think I have the Nero Burning ROM???

I don’t think you can change these things in Express. I doubt you have the full version. If you do, there’s a “Nero” button at the bottom of the Express window that will send you to Nero Burning ROM. Another way to check is to look in your start menu for Nero Burning ROM. The full version has shortcuts for Express and ROM.

DRF

Hi, wich version of Nero is this?? i Have Nero Burning ROM Enterprise Edition
Version 6.3.1.20

I would like to burn long filenames.

Thanks

Use mkisofs to create an image and then record it. mkisofs has supported that for years…