Nero eraser damaged CD/DVD drive!

Hi,I have a problem too,I tryed to erase a CD-RW with nero eraser,in the middle of the erasing my PC crashed and i had to reboot it.When I inserted the CD-RW back in,the light will only blink a couple of times then it stops and nothing happens,it won’t read the disk,it says I have no disk inserted.It won’t read any CD or CD-RW :eek: but when I insert any DVD or DVD-RW it reads it with no problem,I can write data on DVDs,I can install from them,DVDs work perfect.I’m really confused :confused: .What can I do to make my drive to read CDs againe?

I assume you’ve already tried doing a cold reboot (that is, shut the computer off rather than just rebooting it). If not, do so. If this doesn’t help, try reflashing the drive (you should be able to find the flashing tool and firmware on the manufacturers website), even if you have the latest version.

I can’t find the flashing tool and firmware anywhere,if someone knows where to find them,please post the link/links!

It would help if you’d mention which drive you have :slight_smile:

Hi,[QUOTE=Sebastianx21;2226274]Hi,I have a problem too,I tryed to erase a CD-RW with nero eraser,in the middle of the erasing my PC crashed and i had to reboot it.When I inserted the CD-RW back in,the light will only blink a couple of times then it stops and nothing happens,it won’t read the disk,it says I have no disk inserted.It won’t read any CD or CD-RW :eek: but when I insert any DVD or DVD-RW it reads it with no problem,I can write data on DVDs,I can install from them,DVDs work perfect.I’m really confused[/quote]Try if you can boot off a bootable CD (you may have to change boot order in Bios setup) If that fails…

What can I do to make my drive to read CDs againe?
… then the CD part of your drive died. You need a new drive then.

Michael

Oups,I forgot to mention the name it is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H44N , and no.I can’t boot off a bootable CD,it won’t read any kind of CD,only DVDs.

Okay. Then the CD part of the drive’s optical system has died. You can still use the drive as DVD writer (it’s not a bad one), but for CD application, you need something new.

Michael