Nero Dvd Speed

vbimport

I downloaded nero dvd speed 3.55 and it doesn’t find my external USB Maddog 16XDVD9 DVD burner. None of the copy programs have a problem and the burner works fine. I am assuming this Nero software is usable only for drives connected through IDE. Is this correct??. Is there a version available that works with usb, I couldn’t find anything. If so please provide URL…Thanks

Happy Holidays

Dominator2
usa

You downloaded Nero CD-DVDSpeed ver. 3.55 (file: NeroCDSpeed_355). Nero DVD Speed is another Nero tool (file: NeroDVDSpeed_053).

This version (also) works with USB external burners. I have checked mine. It might be that it does not support your recorder. Please, check your burner with Nero InfoTool (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html). Let’s see what it says.

Thanx for the reply Alex. I figured I did some stupid like that.

It is okay, no prob. Please, check what Nero InfoTool says.

Nero CD-DVDSpeed ver. 3.55 ?

I just downloaded it and checked that my external Plextor712UF (connected through USB) was there … and it shows up in this program as well !

Good luck finding Your problem ; maybe a reboot will show it , but as alex thyl said , it might be that this software does not support your recorder ?

Sorry … :o :o :o Doubleposting !

Alex it still won’t recognise my usb external so I pulled the drive out and hooked it up to ide to run some tests. Nero Infotools doesn’t find it either. Has to be the software. I have 6 different copy programs and they all find it on USB

Dominator2

Reading is Knowledge
Knowledge is power
Power is absolute

mmmm!!! Does this mean power corrupts absolutely??

Do You realise You break Your warranty by doing a thing like that ?!?!?!? :cop:

Get it back there in the case and do it VERY correctly (=take Your time) , then You can always excuse to Maddog (?) - if they find out You’ve been tampering with the case ! - that a mentally disturbed kid in Your family must have done that !!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

And now be carefull to tell more about Yourself in here ; maybe get a different log-on-name …

I know one guy who would be glad and I’m not advisíng You to change the log-on-name to please him … :stuck_out_tongue:

PS : Stumbled across other users with a special external …
It seems Maddog is a case to put i.e. a 716A into ; Well , in THAT CASE :bigsmile:
the explanation may be that this case has killed the drive … (ain’t that a pun ? :bigsmile: )

The Mad Dog is a NEC3500 and they don’t support speed/quality testing.

Thanks GIA ; Great clear short double-answer ! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Nice with some talent (and probably skills too) in here … :bigsmile:

Yet I can help but wonder why NEC3500 is nicknamed Maddog ?!?!

Mad Dog is a brand name(www.mdmm.com) most of thier stuff is pretty good.