Nero DVD burning

Hello. Last month I had a question about burning a DVD slide show and with Jeff’s “on the mark” to accomplish that. I was even able to add a music sound track to the slide show too.
I have a new question and can’t seem to figure it out. I have multiple video slideshows saved to My Documents, My Videos, created with NeroVision Express 3 which are saved as filename.NVC. I want to create one DVD video with multiple chapters, and I have, but there are some pecular goings on:

1. I only find where I can import a disk, not a video file saved to my hard drive. So I resorted to saving each file to DVD and then importing them in turn to make my one compilation. (very time consuming and expensive with all the used DVDs)
  2. I can’t seem to find a way to take the finished 14 chapter DVD and suck it back in to make another copy with an additional chapter. When I try importing it I only get the first chapter (track?).
  3. The individual DVD I want to be my last chapter plays fine in the DVD player but when I try to include it into my master compilation it just won’t go. I’m only using 2.5 GB of a DVD that can hold 4.7GB. Looking at the finished disk I can see where only about half of the surface has been burned so running out of room doesn’t seem to be a problem. I recreated that particular DVD from scratch and it still exhibits the same problem of not wanting to load up.
  4. All of the individual DVDs have great sound but when I compile them all together there seems to be degradation of volume. If I can figure out how to suck in the stored version from My Videos that might help with the sound I would think. Is there any reason the sound would be less because it’s a copy of a copy?
  5. Finally, there seems to be a background hum for black and white pictures that don’t seem to be there for the color ones (at least not as noticeable) maybe it because the sound is low? A lot of the pictures were scanned (B&W and color) so the scanning aspect doesn’t seem to be the cause.

I ya’ll have any advice I’ll be all ears listening. Thanks, Wayne.

I flubbed the first sentence. I meant to say "with Jeff’s ‘on the mark’ advise I was able to accomplish making my DVD slideshow.

[QUOTE=HWP-64;2218356]Hello. Last month I had a question about burning a DVD slide show and with Jeff’s “on the mark” to accomplish that. I was even able to add a music sound track to the slide show too.
I have a new question and can’t seem to figure it out. I have multiple video slideshows saved to My Documents, My Videos, created with NeroVision Express 3 which are saved as filename.NVC. I want to create one DVD video with multiple chapters, and I have, but there are some pecular goings on:

1. I only find where I can import a disk, not a video file saved to my hard drive. So I resorted to saving each file to DVD and then importing them in turn to make my one compilation. (very time consuming and expensive with all the used DVDs)
  2. I can’t seem to find a way to take the finished 14 chapter DVD and suck it back in to make another copy with an additional chapter. When I try importing it I only get the first chapter (track?).
  3. The individual DVD I want to be my last chapter plays fine in the DVD player but when I try to include it into my master compilation it just won’t go. I’m only using 2.5 GB of a DVD that can hold 4.7GB. Looking at the finished disk I can see where only about half of the surface has been burned so running out of room doesn’t seem to be a problem. I recreated that particular DVD from scratch and it still exhibits the same problem of not wanting to load up.
  4. All of the individual DVDs have great sound but when I compile them all together there seems to be degradation of volume. If I can figure out how to suck in the stored version from My Videos that might help with the sound I would think. Is there any reason the sound would be less because it’s a copy of a copy?
  5. Finally, there seems to be a background hum for black and white pictures that don’t seem to be there for the color ones (at least not as noticeable) maybe it because the sound is low? A lot of the pictures were scanned (B&W and color) so the scanning aspect doesn’t seem to be the cause.

I ya’ll have any advice I’ll be all ears listening. Thanks, Wayne.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I figured out problem 2 (taking a completed DVD and loading it up for additional editing…however… When I double click on a chapter and edit it I can’t find a way back to the master listing of chapters.