Nero doesn't want to accept my blank cdr

vbimport

This cd is not writable !
that's what nero tells me when i stick a new, clean, blank cdr in my drive (tdk, sony , lead (tried them all) )
i' ve got a scsi cdrw cdd3600 philips
installed nero 5 + update 5.0.0.9

what can i do now ?? ( deleted all other burn software )

thnx
sjalle

Hiya sjalle!

This sounds scarely like a problem I had with my Philips Shit Machine (sorry, CDD3610). One day it just stopped writing CD-Rs, even though it would still write CD-RWs (go figure). I was majorly pissed as it was just 2 months out of warranty !!!

I called Philips technical support and they said that this was a well known problem with these and all previous Philips CD writers. As it was out of warranty, I decided that I had nothing to lose and tried to BS Philips into repairing it for me. I told them that I had only had the drive for 10 months and that this wasn’t the kind of quality I’d expect from a Philips product. They bought it and they didn’t even ask me for a proof of purchase (I’d made my own just in case).

Two days later they sent me a replacement by DHL and just asked me to stuff my old one in the same box and send it back (paid for again by Philips ).

Since then I’ve had no problems with my new one but I’m counting down the months until it fails!

Give the little scam above a try… if you’re device is out of warranty you’ve nothing to lose as it’ll be a useless pile of junk in a matter of months!.

Hope this helps!

HeLLHouND

[This message has been edited by HeLLHouND (edited 09 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by HeLLHouND (edited 09 June 2000).]

Some people are sooo luckie…

Before you try the same as hellhound…try to clean the lens of your drive with high pressure air to get rid of the dust. Or clean the lens with a soft, clean material and some spirits.

[This message has been edited by x-ceed (edited 10 June 2000).]

don’t use other liquids than only pure alcohol, because they leave residue’s.

It it is also a known fact that some
writers dont like some brand of cd
Because of the dye they use
Go get CDR Identifer.exe and compare the new cd that is blank with one previously writen by U
AND NEVER USE ALCHOLL ON YOUR LENS
NEVER USE ALCHOLL ON YOUR LENSE
USE ONLY MINERAL WATER
ALCHOLL WILL DRY OUT AND SOMETIMES CLOUD YOUR LENSE!!!
Later Mantis x

[This message has been edited by Mantis x (edited 11 June 2000).]

If you clean your lense use ONLY Isopropyl Alcohol, it is used in the industry.
Mineral Water to my knowledge is NOT Spirits and the minerals in it will leave a deposit.
However if this is a well known problem with Phillips, and they admit that fact, then legally they have the responsibility to replace faulty writers, no matter how old, as the device was potentially faulty at time of manufacture and sale.

Thanks to everybody who post me a reply…

i think i’m gonna clean first and then contact philips for a new one…

but now i have to post a new topic above…

witch cleaning techniek is the best? aren’t there good cleaning cd 's ?? instead of open my drive and clean with alcohol ?

thanks again folks

doeiii
sjalle