Nero DL burning

Hi

Does Nero 6.0 supports double layer DVD burning?

Organe

Support for DL discs is not related only to software, but mostly to the burner. Nero 6 supports DL discs, but only if you have a burner able to write on these discs.

geno888

Thanks for answer.
So if I have the newest Pioneer DVR111D that supports DL, i can burn in DL?

Organe

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, Pioneer 111D supports DL discs, and it’s a very good drive with DL discs.

However, be careful: until now only verbatim DL discs proved to be good and reliable media. All other DL discs give very variable results, for the most bad burns.

Verbatim? Good to know.
Thanks for your advices!

Organe

Be aware that Nero 6 does not burn video DL properly. Nero will misplace the layer break, which will cause the disc to fail on most dvd-players. It should play in a PC though. This problem is not limited to Nero 6.
Inform yourself about imageburn and PGCedit as a freeware combo to avoid the problem.

Greetings
ux-3

Is this a known bug in Nero 6? Do you have a pointer to a full discussion of the problem?

I wasted a bunch of Verbatim DVD+R DL disks struggling with this problem… going back and forth with Plextor tech support looking for driver problems, etc. Sometimes the burn would fail. Sometimes Nero would report it as successful but I could never read the disk.

So I tried the suggestion of creating an ISO using Nero, and then burning the ISO to disk using IMGBurn. That seems to work so far.

Thanks!