Nero Display Error

Hi all,

I’m getting a strange video problem in the menu bar of Nero.
My specs are as follows:
Nero 6.3.0.3
WinXP Pro SP-1
Asus V3800 (NVIDIA - TNT2 Chipset)
NVIDIA ForceWare 53.03 Driver

This is my first time trying to include an image in a post, so please forgive me if I mess it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
nojttobba

That is strange. Do you get this with any other software or previous versions of nero? Do you get it with different nvidia drivers?

Hi Hemispasm,

Thanks for your response. Now on to your questions.

No, not with any other software products. Yes, with different builds of Nero 6. I haven’t tried it with Nero 5 versions yet.

Yes, I do get this with earlier versions of NVIDIA’s ForceWare and Detonator drivers. I don’t remember the version numbers, but I never use any beta versions of their drivers.

Thanks,
nojttobba

Hi Hemispasm,

I just tested Nero 5.5 and the problem wasn’t there. What do you think?

Thanks,
nojttobba

I wouldnt know to be honest. Never run into the same problem myself, nor anybody else in the forums as far as i remember. Some short of incompatability, although i do have a machine with a TNT2 Ultra vga card and Nero 6 installed and i cant reproduce this. Maybe if you do an upgrade from nero 5 to nero 6 it will be fixed.

You should try to contact nero support with a screenshot and the details you have already provided here and see how it goes.

In the meanwhile someone might help here. Please keep us posted about this :slight_smile:

Hello again,

I haven’t had a chance to upgrade from Nero 5 to Nero 6 yet. I’m not sure I will after what I found out.
I have contacted Nero tech support. They weren’t much help so far. They want a screenshot (which I supplied in my initial email to them) and for me to run infotool and send the findings to them.
I have been able to fix the problem myself though it raises more questions than it answers. I uninstalled the NVIDIA ForceWare drivers and let WinXP install Microsoft’s own drivers. After doing this, Nero’s menu bar looked like it should. My next step is to contact NVIDIA tech support and let them know about this problem. I’ll post again when I get a response.

Happy Computing,
nojttobba

definately looks like a video or icon cache issue to me. usually when i see that problem it is related to the video drivers.

What color mode are you running in? 16 bit? if so try changing to 32 bit and see if it still happens

Hi LordOberon,

I’ve tried it in 16 & 32 bit color and get the same response.

nojttobba

Hi all,

It’s been awhile, but the problem with Nero displaying incorrectly has been corrected. It was a driver problem. My computer is currently using NVIDIA ForceWare 56.72 and this has corrected the problem.

Happy Computing,
nojttobba

nvidia does “optimizations” now in dvd recording software !