Nero DiscSpeed and Bitsetting the AD-7240S

I used Nero DiscSpeed to set the bitsetting on a AD-7200S and that worked fine but I can not get the bitsetting to change on a AD-7240S burner. I make the changes, click set as default, and click the “SET” button. It said it made the changes and the default number of changes goes down but then the book type still does not change. When I go into Nero to burn a disk and I check disk info before I burn the disk, it shows up as the normal book type of DVD +R DL. I want to change the default DVD +R DL to a DVD-ROM and it will not take. The drive has firmware version 1.00.

The booktype is set when you burn the disc, not before.

Try checking the booktype after burning your DVD+R DL.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2277480]The booktype is set when you burn the disc, not before.

Try checking the booktype after burning your DVD+R DL.[/QUOTE]

I can verify that the 7240 does not allow the booktype to be changed. I have tried the and it will not work even with the current Liggy test firmware. I am optimistic and believe that this issue will soon be resolved as time permits. I only
wish that I could do more to help in the procedure.
budzos

[QUOTE=budzos;2277487]I can verify that the 7240 does not allow the booktype to be changed. I have tried the and it will not work even with the current Liggy test firmware.[/QUOTE] I assume you mean for DVD+R Single Layer.

[B]jolt2[/B] is trying to bitset DVD+R Double Layer, and this has been supported in all previous NEC/Optiarc drives I can think of, using original firmware.

Yes you are right. I meant for single layer. I did not catch that due to my beer consumption this evening.
budzos

I tried to change the book type for DVD+R disk but it is grayed out in Nero. I have also tried changing the book type for DVD+R disk using ImgBurn and it failed too.
I do not want to waste a DL disk until I know it will book type properly. budzos, I seen your replies on the other thread about the 7240 burner and I posted some stuff there too. I do not know but can the DVD+R book type setting be changed with Nero in the stock firmware or does that change require modified firmware?

No

or does that change require modified firmware?

Yes

Thanks for the reply Liggy. I will watch the other thread to see the progress that gets made on this issue.

I have to say that Liggy’s hard work on the NEC firmware is the reason my last 2 drives have been NEC drives. I appreciate what you have and are doing Liggy; Thanks!