Nero disc scanning speed on 1640

Just a question:

when i try to scan disc quality on my dw1640 drive it scans at 0,60 speed (i put 8x). and speed does not go up.

Anybody has this issue and is that normal?

Thx in advance

Download a newer cdspeed version.

Thx for quick response, that resolved scanning problem :bow:

Now i have another problem, there was post already but cant find it anymore.

drive is Master with Toshiba 1612 as slave. It’s UDMA2 mode and burst rate is 23.7 Mb/s

I was not running any app except those in background (ZoneAlarm, Norton Antivirus and Extensis Suitcase.

I just bought the drive so havent had time to test more. Dunno if that would help but maybe to try to make fresh windows install? I had cdrw in that place that worked without problems. Removed nero. Removed drive from device manager. Shut down. Replaced drive. After windows installed drive reboot. Installed Qsuite2.0. Installed nero from benq package.

HELP!!!

It’s probably the media you have which is why the scans are so bad but you should update to BSLB and enabled Solidburn for known media and try another disc and see how it comes out, Solidburn might automatically drop the burn speed to 4x if it thinks the media is really crappy.

but its Verbatim 16x -R discs from 25pack spindle. I looked on forum and found that these discs burns are excellent.

My mistake thought they were 8x DVD-R… but they could be fake or a bad batch of discs it does happen, I recommend trying BSLB with solidburn on and try burning at 8x, 12x and finally at 16x and see how they come out.

Also you dont have an Nvidia or VIA motherboard by any chance ?

No i have ASUS P4PE Deluxe MBO ( Intel i845 chip)

ZoneAlarm, Norton Antivirus and Extensis Suitcase

Disable at least the first two while burning, both are known troublemakers (IMO). If you’re concerned, unplug from the net. Post the log from Nero Infotool so we can get a better understanding of your system config. Remember to edit out the Nero serial. :slight_smile:

Q.

sorry for late response (havent had time to burn coz of work). Here are new scans so im interested what u think. I disabled everything that loads at startup and was running only burning tool when recording. Defraged and cleaned disk.

BenQ 1640 BSKB FW.
SB, WOPC on (default)

1.EPRO +R 16x
Burned @ 16x. (dvd shrink)
2. EPRO +R 16x
Burned @ 12x. (dvd shrink)

BenQ 1640 BSKB FW.
SB, WOPC on (default)

1. EPRO +R 16x
    Burned @ 12x. (dvd fab)
  2. VERBATIM -R 16x
    Burned @ 16x.

BenQ 1640 BSKB FW.
SB, WOPC on (default)

1. VERBATIM -R 16x
    Burned @ 12x.
  2. VERBATIM -R 16x
    Burned @ 8x.

BenQ 1640 BSLB FW.
SB, WOPC on (default)

1. VERBATIM -R 16x
    Burned @ 16x.
  2. VERBATIM -R 16x
    Burned @ 12x.

How this looks to u?
Seems to me that quality of my burns is lower with this media when comparing with other scans on this forum (with same burner).