Nero - Determine maximum speed question

this is a very confusing option cause its saying it can only read data from my 7200 RPM drive at 32x max (100% defragged data) and the disk is connected to a promise ata/100 controller, can somebody shed some light as to why its saying only 32x? I can copy this data from 1 disk to another in less than 30 secs (450 MB) which is much much much faster than 32x.

Nero’s reading speed from the hard drive is limited by the maximum speed rating of your CD-ROM or burner, not the hard drive. This is not a test of the maximum speed of your hard drive, but a test to determine if your hard drive supports the fastest reading speed of the reader device.

What is the rated speed of your reader. If it is not 32x max, then something may need to be tweaked. Is DMA enabled for your CD-ROM and/or burner?

52x read speed > Lite-On LTR-52246S (fastest burner in the world…for the moment i think), DMA is enabled in both XP & Bios, Im a Nero newbie but NOT new to computers and burning, my previous burner was a old HP 8250i and maybe once out of 200 would i ever experience problems and this new burner has already burned way too many coasters and unreadable data cd’s, like i said in another post, im at my wits end with this thing, any usefull tweaks would be great, thanks.

Originally posted by SoWhat

Lite-On LTR-52246S (fastest burner in the world…for the moment i think)

Alas, not anymore. Read this article --> TEAC’s latest writer CD-W552E

What media are you using to do these tests? For example, if you run certain tests with 32x media in the drive, you will see 32x test results. Likewise, media may be the cause of your “coasters” as well. you need to provide a lot more information about what you’re doing.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
What media are you using to do these tests? For example, if you run certain tests with 32x media in the drive, you will see 32x test results. Likewise, media may be the cause of your “coasters” as well. you need to provide a lot more information about what you’re doing.

Verbatim DataLifePlus 48x media, no need to reply cause I have RMA returned the Unit and hoping they send back a good one.