Nero Cover Designer

I recently downloaded the most recent version of Nero Cover Designer - Version 2.2 Build 2.3.0.28. All text fields in the CD label are now bent by default. Has anyone else noticed this. This is a real pain. Why would Nero ever think that all text fields on a CD label should be automatically be bent? I hope this is simply a bug that will soon be fixed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Roger

Anyone?

Well I guess no one uses Nero Cover Designer.

Sorry… yea we use it… did you right click and go to properties and uncheck bend? It opens up bent by default, but you can unbend it. Let me know if that worked for you!

Yeah I can unbend it like you say, but I find it to be a big pain in the a$$. You need to work the text box at the twelve O’clock position, unbend it, grab the rotational arrow and move it a little bit before the horizontal resize bars appear. Then you can resize the box and drag it where you want to. If you originally place the text box at any position other than twelve O’clock it is much more difficult.

This default bent crap just happened with the last Nero major update. This is one of the dumbest things they could have ever done. This is living proof that newer is not always better. I e-mailed them and let them know how I feel. Maybe if everyone did that they would roll it back to the way it was before.

Yep i know what you mean… and weren’t computers and their programs supposed to make our lives easier? :confused:

I have a slightly different problem, but similar problem with the text box tool in NERO Cover Designer. I just updated to the latest build and when I opened previous CD covers that I had created in NERO 6.0 (older build), my text no longer is wrapped. It is wrapped in the properties box, but not in the text box. It just trails off of the page. Nothing I do, including selecting “fit to text”, will wrap the text. I even tried creating new text, but it will not wrap either. Anyone else have this problem or know how to correct it?

just a guess - but try copying the text into a text editor first (like NotePad or similar) and save the file (have WordWrap ON), then select it from editor and paste.

and/or try above method using WordPad

…i’m guessing the orig actual text formatting doesn’t contain the hex carraige returns (diff between Unix and MS OSes)