Nero copy disk at once takes 23hrs!

Hello All

I’m a newbie to copying with Nero.
I have Nero 6 Ultra edition and when trying to copy “Disk at Once” it takes over 20hrs to copy 1 disk…

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

PS. If i burn direct from HD nero works fine…

Thx for any assistants
:bow:

tell us ur computer configuration and ur cd writer model no . have u enabled dma for ur cd writer in windows?

Hi
Thx 4 ur response.

Im using a Tiny pentium 3, 512 ram, 20G HD.
CD Burner “Artec WRR - 52Z”

I have NOT enabled dma in Windows.

Please advise.

Again THX.

Originally posted by BaSE69
I have NOT enabled dma in Windows.

Why not ?

Mr B.

As stated im a big time newbie, did not know I had too.

If poss could u explain what I would have to do i.e. to enable dma?

Cheers.

Yes, we can help but at least tell us what version of windows is running on your pc, and BTW what’s a “Tiny pentium3”? Have you got a cd reader too? Please the more info you give us the more we can Help!

Right click This computer and select properties, hardware, device manager, then right click your writers IDE channel and set it to DMA.

BTW im running Windows 98 special edition

Ive checked in device mamager and both my dvd rom “Matshita DVD - Rom SR8583” & burner “Artec WRR - 52Z” have ticks against DMA and I presume are active. However problem still contines…

Is there anything else I could try?

What are you trying to copy? If, e.g. it’s a cd with ring protech protection, I’m not surprised about how long it’s taking.

Hi Philamber

I’m trying to copy a cd compilation burnt successfully to disk via Nero Sound Trax. So no, the content is not “protected.”

If you can offer any advice I’d appreciate it greatly.

Again thx to everyone who has responded so far, unfortunately still cant copy disk at once, without it taking 24hrs+

:frowning:

Originally posted by BaSE69
[B]Hi Philamber

I’m trying to copy a cd compilation burnt successfully to disk via Nero Sound Trax. So no, the content is not “protected.”

If you can offer any advice I’d appreciate it greatly.

Again thx to everyone who has responded so far, unfortunately still cant copy disk at once, without it taking 24hrs+

:frowning: [/B]

configure ur cd-rw speed in nero before copying. ur cd-rw might be set to 1x or something like that on read or write. Change it and c what happens

I’ve checked the config for cdr read speed and all checked out ok @ x48 speed.

If any1 else has a view, i’d appreciate it.

Thx.

Originally posted by sasha79
BTW what’s a “Tiny pentium3”?

Tiny are (actually, were) a copmany that sold computers. However, they closed down and Time computers took over from them.