Nero Classic and Express Interface Options

Hi !
Im looking for other info, and came by this info about the interface options in the recent versions of Nero.
This is from a couple of newsgroup posts…(edited)

Is the old interface hidden and can be activated? If so how???
Whether you can get the old interface back depends on the serial number that
you enter. Some serials restrict you to the new interface. If clicking the
Nero button at the bottom of the main window does not reveal the old
interface, you have a serial that does not allow it.

…the new Express interface which hides much of
the power of Nero from those people who would only manage to screw things up.

Get this handy little proggy that gives you a choice of which Nero you wish
to start …

http://www.pcstudio.cl/Downloads/pcstudio/NeroStart.zip

Thats what I found that may help a few others who get stuck !
Move or Delete at will !
Al bags

The new Nero version 5.5.9.0 now has this option by default :wink:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
The new Nero version 5.5.9.0 now has this option by default :wink:

Very sorry to prolong this thread so long after its last posting, but i cant for the love of my life find that option in Nero 5590. I´ve searched and searched, but no go. Please point me in the correct direction!:slight_smile:

Nero Express Option Image

I’ve found that it depends on how you have it registered. If it’s registered as OEM or bundled, it’ll magically becomes Nero Express next time it starts up, but if it’s registered as ‘normal’, it’s the same old Nero

Originally posted by Nick T
I’ve found that it depends on how you have it registered. If it’s registered as OEM or bundled, it’ll magically becomes Nero Express next time it starts up, but if it’s registered as ‘normal’, it’s the same old Nero

Not the case with me. However, if Nero Express opens from your desktop shortcut (and you prefer the classic interface), just delete it and copy the start menu shortcut for “Nero-Burning Rom” to your desktop.

This is my Nero 5.5.9.0 path:
“C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
ero.exe”

This is for Nero Xpress:
“C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
ero.exe” /w

Hi…
I am a registered user of Nero…and to date have downloaded upgrades to v5.5.9…along with InCD v3.31. I’m runnin a P4, 2 GHz with WinXP…burners are a Plex 40 and a Mistumi 40…Everything is working just fine.

My question…after reading a number of posts…I do see the icon which says SWITCH TO EXPRESS…what really is the difference in Nero vs. Nero Expresss…I just want to be clicking on icons…and end up with a “mess”…

I do not do music or video files…mainly pics (jpg/tiff) backups…along with data file backup…

Thank You,
John

Originally posted by John Garin
My question…after reading a number of posts…I do see the icon which says SWITCH TO EXPRESS…what really is the difference in Nero vs. Nero Expresss…I just want to be clicking on icons…and end up with a “mess”…

Largely, it’s just a different interface. I suppose that nero express is meant to be easier to use for beginners and some of nero’s options are hidden or unavailable with the express interface. You can switch between the interfaces at the click of a button anyway.

Right !
A nicely looking toy, in other words.

Originally posted by BoSkin
Right !
A nicely looking toy, in other words.

My view precisely;) . My guess is that it’s intended for people used to ezcd and who find nero’s standard interface too confusing.:eek:

nero’s standard interface too confusing.

LOL ! :bigsmile: are those available ? I guess, yes.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to help me understand the doff…

Again…Thank You,

John

Originally posted by Nick T

Nick,

THANK YOU!  Good 'lookin-out'!  This has been driving me nuts for weeks.  In fact, I just posted a thread over @ CDR-ZONE asking this very question.  
 I opened Nero (express), selected the "enter new registration #" option, put in a "normal" key, relaunched it, and VOILA!  Good ol' NERO!  I believe in my case, I had selected "Plextor" for the original key.

Thanks!

Bird