Nero cdspeed not detecting drives

vbimport

I changed the configuration of the drives in my computer (moved two drives from a controller card to the motherboard controller together with a third drive drive) and nero cdspeed now detects only one drive (I think the drive with the first assigned letter). Windows and all other software detect the drives with no problems. I tried uninstalling cdspeed and installing it again and still it does not detect the drives. Any ideas how to fix this?

Having again the same problem after installing (I think) the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. Only one of two drives is detected by nero cdspeed, but windows detects both drives. I tried cleaning the registry to force nero detect the drive but without luck. Last time I had the problem I installed windows again. Any suggestions?

hello

i have the same problem under w10
even changing drive letter wont help
it shows only my blu ray burner (which is not supportet) not my 2 other dvd drives

with w7 it worked

Nero DiscSpeed seems to get confused by the port numbers the drives use. Opti Drive Control that uses drive letters instead of ports seems to be working fine.

@kyrcy & otto0815
If you’re using NeroCDSpeed 4.7.7.16 you can copy the latest Starburn wnaspi32.dll to the NeroCDSpeed exe path and try again.

WnASPI32.zip (287 KB)

[QUOTE=Terramex;2781205]@kyrcy & otto0815
If you’re using NeroCDSpeed 4.7.7.16 you can copy the latest Starburn wnaspi32.dll to the NeroCDSpeed exe path and try again.[/QUOTE]
Already tried this with no luck. I am using Windows 7 64-bit if it matters.

Anyone found a solution to this problem?

Which motherboard do you have ?
Which ports are the drives connected to ?
What’s the SATA transfer mode setting in BIOS/UEFI ?

If nothing helps you maybe want to have a look at QPxTool - if it works with your drives.

[QUOTE=Terramex;2788352]Which motherboard do you have ?
Which ports are the drives connected to ?
What’s the SATA transfer mode setting in BIOS/UEFI ?

If nothing helps you maybe want to have a look at QPxTool - if it works with your drives.[/QUOTE]

If you search the forum you will find other similar posts, so I am not the only one with this problem. I don’t think it is motherboard specific, but in any case I am using a Gigabyte Z97 motherboard. The optical drives are installed on ports 2 and 3 (an SDD and a HDD are installed on ports 0 and 1). Moving the optical drives to different ports does not help. I can not find a SATA transfer mode setting in the bios and I am using AHCI. I believe QPxTool is for Linux and not Windows.

So i take it the SATA mode can’t be set individually for each port.
If it could i would try IDE mode for the optical drives.
Or if your Z97 (which one ?) board has a separate Marvell controller try its ports.

Sorry for asking again: you specifically also tried 4.7.7.16, and not just for installable (newer) version ?

P.S.: there is also a Windows version of QPxTool
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qpxtool/files/qpxtool/0.7.x/0.7.1_002/win32/

[QUOTE=Terramex;2788366]So i take it the SATA mode can’t be set individually for each port.
If it could i would try IDE mode for the optical drives.
Or if your Z97 (which one ?) board has a separate Marvell controller try its ports.

Sorry for asking again: you specifically also tried 4.7.7.16, and not just for installable (newer) version ?

P.S.: there is also a Windows version of QPxTool
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qpxtool/files/qpxtool/0.7.x/0.7.1_002/win32/[/QUOTE]

I don’t see how can I set SATA mode individually for each port. Motherboard is GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 without a separate SATA controller. I tried 4.7.7.16 with same results. I will also try QPxTool. Is this still regularly updated?

I know that this is an old topic, but is anyone currently using Nero and it detects more than one drive? Over the years the only solution I found was to use a separate sata controller or set in bios setup the integrated sata controller from acpi to ide mode. Are there any other solutions?

Depends on the version of CDSpeed and the OS you use.

My experience is Win7 works good, with newer OS mostly not all of my drives are detected

Specifically under Windows 7 64-bit only one is detected from the two (and sometimes more) drives, that are connected to the Intel integrated controller. Previously I thought it was the drive in the first port that was detected, but currently it is the last. All versions that I tried have the same problem.

Strange, know this problem from newer Windows-versions

But I have most ODDs connected via PCI/PCIe-SATA-cards, with all possible chipsets (JMicron, Marvell, Silicon Image) and this one is my favorite:

Currently I can only find SATA cards using ASMedia chipsets.

For maximum compatibility with ATAPI devices, only use SATA controllers based on the Silicon Image Sil3114 chipset. You should also make sure to verify that the card has flashable memory for non-RAID firmware installation.

These can be very inexpensive.

However your issue won’t be resolved by using a different controller, because it is an AHCI driver/OS problem and not a controller problem. There are a few ways to resolve the issue, namely using IDE mode or an AHCI driver that has adequate support for ATAPI devices. My suggestion is to stick with IDE mode, since it works for you.

Could be a problem with newer mainboards because the Sil3114 is a PCI2SATA-bridge.

Eásy to find at Ebay, but mostly NoName-cards from chinese shops. And you can only hope that the card is flashable. Got some years ago a 3112 from such a shop and it wasn´t flashable.

I never saw a card using the Silicon Image Sil3114 chipset. I already have a few cards, but all are using the ASMedia ASM-106 chipset. Sticking to the motherboard Intel controller and using IDE mode works, but I need to run all drives including HDD and SDD in that mode. And I need to reinstall Windows if I switch from AHCI.

I think that brand new motherboards without PCI should be avoided anyway since they are beginning to lose legacy BIOS functions (MBR and certainly IDE-emulation), but if you already have one that has those functions (which we know is the case with the OP) then there exists this adapater to convert PCI-E to PCI.

It’s as simple as requesting photos of the flash chip and checking the datasheet of the IC… some sellers don’t have the stickers on them but one should still verify since they may be using stock photos etc. If I recall correctly the good NOR chips used parallel flash so it is trivial to program the memory with the correct BIOS and solder it on a board that didn’t come with a programmable chip or couldn’t be flashed through DOS for some other reason.

With IDE controllers there was simply no other alternative to the Silicon Image if you absolutely had to use a controller card. Of course none ever had as good support as the native implementation on Intel/AMD chipsets. Heck, I remember even Nvidia nForce used to have issues with certain Pioneer drives back in 2005-2006. Whether it is as critical with SATA is yet undetermined.

I’m a strong proponent of doing it once, and doing it right. That is why I will only recommend chipsets that are through numerous reports confirmed to work and that I have experienced with - thus Silicon Image SATA controllers.