Nero Cd Speed

vbimport

hi all . i have been xperimenting with nero cd speed lately - but on the test graph, whats the [i]yellow[/i] line?

Can i add on a bit here ?
What are peoples opinions and experiences with CD Speed.

Accuracy ?
any probs/faults/bugs anyone has encounted ?

The yellow line indicates the relative spindle speed of the device motor.

If the yellow line is a straight horizontal line, the green (read speed) line will ascend at a constant rate. This is CAV (constant angular velocity) mode.

If the yellow line descends while the green line maintains a constant speed, this is CLV (constant linear velocity) mode.

When the yellow line starts straight and later starts to descend, the green line will initially ascend and later maintain a constant speed. This is a combination of CAV and CLV, known as P-CAV (partial constant angular velocity).

The yellow line may start descending. become straight, and then descend again. The green line will initially indicate a constant speed, then start to ascend, and then finally stay at a constant speed. This mode is very similar to P-CAV, and is known as Z-CLV (zoned constant linear velocity).

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]Can i add on a bit here ?
What are peoples opinions and experiences with CD Speed.

Accuracy ?
any probs/faults/bugs anyone has encounted ? [/B]
We (CD Freaks) and most review sites, use Nero CD Speed for all our reviews. I love it. The only problem I’ve encountered is that it cannot properly display the reading of 99 minute CD-R’s as you can see in this screenshot:

So… what are CAV, CLV, P-CAV, Z-CLV anyway?

I use CD Speed to test the quality of the CDR I just burned
(Extra–>CD Qualiy Check). Whenever a yellow line shows up (meaning it has error and that my burned CDR is not 100% identical with the one I’m copying), I make another copy then test it on CD Speed again until no error appears. Even those with errors amounting to less than 0.001% of the total space/sector/size(?) of the CDR.

Am I doing the right practice (accepting only errorless copies) or does my understanding of CD Speed’s function downright wrong?

I hope you guys understand what I’m trying to say
:smiley:

follow this thread for info on what the diferent write types are. :wink: