Nero CD Speed Zero Quality on Sony Drive Please Advise

vbimport

I have bought myself a Sony 720a Drive to backup my movies for safe keeping but after having some problems over the weeks with bad burns i have scanned all my DVD+R’s in Nero CD checker and all have a Zero (0) quality raiting.

What does this mean?

I have watched one movie on my standalone and it seemed to paly ok but its got a zero score too.

What does this mean and what do i do, im using the latest firmware on the drive, is it faulty and what does it mean about these zero scoring disks.

I scanned on my liteon DVD-rom, the same media disk from the same batch burned on my new NEC 3540 also scanned on the Liteon scored 90 quality score.

Please advise.

Change speed from “maximum” to “4x”

I tried scanning at 5x (wouldnt let me use 4x) on my NEC drive this time and score is still bad

What does this mean?

What firmware and media are you using? The 720A is a rebadged Lite-ON SOHW-1673S. The 1673S can be cross-flashed to a 1693S. Would possibly suggest start swap RICOHJPNR00@RICOHJPNR01@1673S.JS07 or RICOHJPNR00@RICOHJPNR01@1693S.KS04

You exceeded the limits of the PIE and PIF’s.

@ Anthony1uk

the same media disk from the same batch burned on my new NEC 3540 also scanned on the Liteon scored 90 quality score.
I would return the sony and do all my burning with the NEC…

Yes but what does that mean if i have?

The dvd-rom scan needs to be done at 4x, download cdbremse to lock the drive’s speed at 4x cav then try again.

The NEC’s scan is confusing though…

dont use dvd-roms for scanning, they show crap. also, i have no idea about how accurate NEC scans are. how about you do a scan with the drive you burned it…