Nero CD Speed Utility Shuts Down When Trying To Scan Disc

I just made 3 DVD data discs using Nero Express. I have the latest Nero package 6.6.0.16 and the Nero CD-DVD Speed utility 4.0.4.

When I try to scan the disc for errors, a window pops up with an error and shuts down.

When I try to scan other discs that I had burned using Roxio, they scan just fine.

I used Nero Express to burn the disc and left all the defualt settings as they were.

I am running Windows XP home edition, fully updated.

My drive is an NEC ND-5100A

The media I am using is Sony brand DVD+R but shows up on the disc identifier tool as a Ricoh disc.

I just picked up a 50 pack of taiyo yuden discs, same errors.

The identifier also came up with an error. But all my discs come up with the same error.

[11:56:29] ERROR : ADIP Read M1 Failed : Illegal request - Invalid field in CDB [05/24/00]

And the data is viable and uncorrupted. I can copy it from the DVD to my hard drive, and it all works.

Plus all three discs that I burned were using different data.

Anybody have any ideas??

Tested with the lasted update Nero 6.6.0.15 accessed Nero CD/DVD speed and did not encounter your problem though it did find alot of bad sectors on a Memorex CD-RW CD. Did you buy your TY media directly from TY? Note: there are alot of fake TY media on the market. Try Fuji media it is manufactured by TY.

Not sure if mine is fake or not…

I’m still checking into that…

On the Memorex discs that I burned with Roxio, I came up with a lot of errors also…

But on the Memorex discs I burned with Nero, the speed program just shuts down…

I also want to stress that I am making data DVD’s, not CD’s…

I don’t know if that’s important or not…