Nero CD Speed - Disc Quality Test

Hi all,

I’m using the Nero CD speed’s Disc Quality Test to review burned DVD discs. I’ve just unstalled a new burner (LG GSA-H42N), but when starting the test, the start button remains grey…

And when I manage to get the button active (click, click, click,…), I get a message about an initialisation error.

Can anyone help me te solve this problem?

LG drives do not support quality scanning

As Molnart sad LG unfortunately does not offer scanning. Other drives such as LiteOn and BenQ offer very good scanning qualities.

[QUOTE=molnart;1923602]LG drives do not support quality scanning[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response! I didn’t know that…:frowning: I am surprised that the LG is qualified as a great burner in the media. How did they test the quality of this burner? With a Benq of LiteOn…?

CDF reviewers tend to use LiteOn drives for testing, however members use both BenQ and LiteOn for testing.

Nevertheless, despite the fact that they don’t offer scanning, they’re great burners IMO.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1923774]…however members use both BenQ and LiteOn for testing.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention Plextor drives :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

/me is bravely running away to find a secure hiding :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=geno888;1923794]You forgot to mention Plextor drives :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

/me is bravely running away to find a secure hiding :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Ooooops. Thanks Geno :wink: