Nero CD-DVD Speed - Latest released version?

Hi all,

the Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray burner review uses Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.53 and 4.60.1 as stated here: http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/284/2

Any idea where one can get them from? :slight_smile:

Hi alexanderino,

Those are beta versions which are use for testing before the public release. During the making of the Blu-ray drive review ErikDeppe fixed several issues that is why I was using several versions. I’m sure we will get the (newer) final version soon. :wink:

Ah, great. Thanks for the reply, Zevia, much appreciated! :iagree:

So what is the latest “public” release?

Because the latest one on the official site is 4.51.1: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

But I got 4.51.3 from here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Nero-CDDVD-Speed.shtml

:confused:

4.51.3 is bundled with Nero 7.2.3.2b. The CD-DVD Speed homepage tends to lag behind the Nero releases, occasionally.

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.51.1 and the latest version included in Nero 7.2.3.2b is CDSpeed 4.51.3.
[B]Latest released version[/B]
You can also download the latest release of CDSpeed from cdfreaks.com:
Download CDSpeed version 4.51.3 made available on 15 august 2006.

Thanks to [B]Erik Deppe[/B] and [B]Nero[/B] for making this version available for download.

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.51.1 and the latest version included in Nero 7.2.7.0 is CDSpeed 4.51.6.

[B]Latest released version from Nero 7.2.7.0[/B]
Download CDSpeed version [B]4.51.6[/B] made available on 28 august 2006.

Thanks to [B]Erik Deppe[/B] and [B]Nero[/B] for making this version available for download.

Thanks Drage, I was having problems finding it. :slight_smile:

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.60 and the latest version included in Nero 7.2.7.0 is CDSpeed 4.51.6.

[B]Latest released version from official site[/B]
Download CDSpeed version [B]4.60[/B] made available on 31 august 2006.

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.60 and the latest version included in Nero 7.5.7.0 is CDSpeed 4.61.2 beta.

Latest released version from Nero 7.5.7.0
Download CDSpeed version 4.61.2 beta made available on 16 october 2006.

Thanks to Erik Deppe and Nero for making this version available for download.

EDIT:
There are some problems with this version of CDSpeed and this is confirmed by Erik Deppe:

I personally suggest staying with v4.60 instead of using the 4.61.2 beta version. Version 4.70 will be released soon - see this post.

Cheers for the heads-up, Drage - just grabbed it :cool:

Very strange CD-R burn , cpu usage 100% through the whole burn

Display bug as well, when using custom DPI setting. Didn’t do this in previous versions for me.

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.7.0.0 and the latest version included in Nero 7.5.7.0 is CDSpeed 4.61.2 beta.

Latest released version from official site
Download CDSpeed version 4.7.0.0 made available on 28 october 2006.

The latest official Nero CD-DVD Speed can usually but not always be downloaded from the official site. Right now the latest version at the official site is 4.7.0.0 and the latest version included in Nero 7.7.5.1 is CDSpeed 4.7.0.2.

Latest released version from Nero 7.7.5.1
Download CDSpeed version 4.7.0.2 made available on 18 January 2007.

EDIT:

This is the change log for 4.7.0.2

[ul]
[li]Disc Quality Test
[/li][list]
[li]added preliminary support for BD media
[/li][li]added support for latest Asus/Pioneer drives
[/li][li]Advanced Options: added detection of drive features
[/li][/ul]
[li]Advanced Disc Quality test: fixed incorrect jitter calculation
[/li][li]fixed incorrect RPM display with BD-R DL media
[/li][/list]

Thanks for the heads-up Drage, just grabbed it :slight_smile:

Is there a changelog? I hope Erik Deppe has fixed the BenQ Jitter reporting bug. :slight_smile:

Thanks DrageMester.:wink:

I’ve never seen a CDSpeed changelog.

My preliminary testing seems to show that the Jitter reporting bug in Advanced Disc Quality Scans (on BenQ drives) has been fixed.

[B]DrageMester:[/B]

I’m sure I have seen mentions of changes before, either here or on the website, well as the main bug for me is fixed, I shall upgrade ASAP.