Nero CD-DVD Speed, help me understand

Is this program just to test blank CD or DVDs? I have tried to test non blank (some info on them, but not full) disk and I get messages saying can’t be done and other things, but if I put a blank one in all test will run fine. Just FYI all my Nero is up to date with all the December patches.

EDIT… This has only happen with CD-R, I don’t seem to have a problem checking a DVD+R with a movie on it.

If you say this isn’t right… Is there something you cantell me to do to test everything out?

Try a scan of a burned audio cd. My cd\dvd tool works fine if I put in an audio cd

Thread moved to the media testing software forum…

EDIT Removed, same post as below

Well thank you for the help cor808 allot better then the last post you gave me. Again THANK YOU.

Ok this what happens…

On “Spin up drive” with a data CD-R with about 50mb on it… it stops and this is what I get…

Error- UNRECOVERED READ ERROR (031100)

After that I look at the CD drive and I have a yellow light that stays flashing until I remove the disk. This flash is NOT a data read flash, it just flashes off and on.

But like what was said above to try… I put a store music CD in and everything works fine. Any thoughts or is this nothing to worry about?