Nero can't do session at once (sao)?

vbimport

I want to make a double session cd in session at once mode, but I only get the options: tao, dao, dao96. Is there no sao support in Nero?

:confused:

[edit]
Hmmm... found out it is something your hardware has to support... but according to infotool my LiteOn ltr40125s supports SAO (several different variants). So the question stays: why can't I use sao in Nero 5.5.8.0?
[/edit]

Can’t see any SAO either on my 32123S…
Guess Nero doesn’t support it…

SAO is not used for standard multisession recordings. SAO is a subset of DAO, and is used only for CD Extra recordings. SAO is a special recording mode that allows multiple DAO sessions.

In a CD Extra recording, the first session is composed of audio tracks and the next session is data. CD Extra is recorded as one process, with the audio and data content selected before starting the burn. The laser is turned off after the audio session without closing the disk. The data session is then written and the disk is closed. There is no possibility of adding extra sessions as with a multisession recording.

CD Extra is a new feature for Nero and they haven’t gotten around to providing instructions in the Help file for burning in this mode. Although Nero doesn’t show a SAO option in the CD-Extra compilation, I would use DAO.

Originally posted by Inertia
SAO is not used for standard multisession recordings. SAO is a subset of DAO, and is used only for CD Extra recordings. SAO is a special recording mode that allows multiple DAO sessions.

Thanx for the information!

If I understand you correctly: Nero uses SAO for CD-extra (aka CD-plus or Enhanced CD)? But if you want to create a CD-extra cd you have to determine in advance what you would like to store on the CD-extra cd??? But, that is just like burning DAO, so what is the use??? :confused:

Do you (or anybody else) know of a mastering program like Nero which is able to write SAO? (I want to write 2 image files in 2 sessions with sao.)

:smiley:

Originally posted by Inertia

This does not apply just to Nero. If you conclude that burning in SAO is just like DAO, that is because it is a subset of DAO.

Any software that can write CD Extra can burn using SAO.

An image file, by definition, is the image of an individual CD. By this definition, a CDR can have only one image burned to it.

Two images can not be written to one CDR. SAO is not used for anything related to this purpose.