NERO can not keep a Data CD Open- no multisession

Hello

I am having a horrid time. NERO can never keep my DATA discs open (no multi session). I used NERO Burning ROM and NERO Express both, but the result is the same. I have chosen the option to keep the disc open every time I tried. I am using NERO 6 Ultra Edition. This problem started to happen suddenly. Earlier I have used the same burner to write multi session discs. I tried to change the media too, but that did not help. I use LITEON DVD Burner and I think the firmwire is up to date.

I tried to use CDBurner XP, but it is already having this bug and the developer is yet to find a solution, I asked that in its user forum and got the confirmation.

Please help me out. :frowning:

Thank you.

[QUOTE=arrirc;2110920]Hello

I am having a horrid time. NERO can never keep my DATA discs open (no multi session). I used NERO Burning ROM and NERO Express both, but the result is the same. I have chosen the option to keep the disc open every time I tried. I am using NERO 6 Ultra Edition. This problem started to happen suddenly. Earlier I have used the same burner to write multi session discs. I tried to change the media too, but that did not help. I use LITEON DVD Burner and I think the firmwire is up to date.

I tried to use CDBurner XP, but it is already having this bug and the developer is yet to find a solution, I asked that in its user forum and got the confirmation.

Please help me out. :frowning:

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

What kinda file are you burning? And can you give a more exact version of Nero 6 your using ie Nero 6.6.1.15a something like that…and what other burning programs you installed as well…Can you give a more exact model spec of the burner as well from device manager. What or did you install before this problem occurred??

Thank you for the reply.

What or did you install before this problem occurred??

I don’t remember making any major changes.

What kinda file are you burning?

Different types of Data files (like setup files) including mp3.

Give me some time, I shall answer other two question ASAP.

I’ll post the NERO log also, but in a while. In the meantime I opened the disc in another PC having a BENQ COMBO CD523C (CD-DVD combo drive- CD ROM/RW but DVD ROM). In it the same disc can be seen as Open Session by both CDBurner XP and NERO (same version as mine)!!! I even wrote some data to check and the writing completed successfully. Now I am more confused!!! :frowning:

Here are the answers of your other questions:

more exact version of Nero 6 your using

exact model spec of the burner

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S

what other burning programs you installed as well

CDBurner XP
ImgBurn

Added with my last post, hope you would be able to help me out.

Thank you.

Ok I found the solution,- accidentally and also after buying a new ASUS Lightscribe DVD RW drive, :(.
The [B]trouble occurred because of the presence of sptd.sys file[/B] which [B]comes with virtual drive emulation software like DAEMON tools[/B]. [B]Removing this driver solves the problem.[/B]