Man I’m stumped.
- memorex dvd burner (dvd 16+/-dl4rwid2)
- latest nero ultra (126.96.36.199)
- stand-alone dvd player (samsung dvd-s221)
- dvd-r media (HP dvd+r 8x)
- files from usenet (VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, VTS_01_4.VOB)
Using Nero I can dup a DVD (DVD Copy) onto the media in #4 above and it will play perfectly in my stand-alone dvd player.
However I have not been able to create a dvd (DVD-Video) that will play on my stand-alone player using files that I have retrieved from usenet. My stand-alone player cannot read the DVD. I put all of the files in the video-ts folder in Nero.
When creating the DVD-Video I have taken the default options. Using the bitsetting utility I have set the booktype to DVD-ROM hoping that will help. No Go Joe … the player still cannot read the created DVD.
I am out of ideas. Can anyone suggest a possible solution? Or why the player can play a duped DVD but not one created by the DVD-Video option?