Nero Burns of Blu-Ray receive a Sector 15 Warning

Everytime I burn a Blu-ray disc, in Nero 9 Ultra, I check the verification box. Upon verify, I get a warning stating that Sector 15 does not match what was written to the disc. It is the same sector every single burn and I have tried multiple brands as well as single and dual layer discs.

I have sent the item in to Pioneer twice for repair and recently submitted a ticket to Nero. I have used the same burner for CD and DVD writes and receive no warnings on the verification.

Any suggestions? Should I return the product again or ask for a new one? Does this sound like a Nero issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mallard27

Welcome to the forum Mallard27 :slight_smile:

Moving your thread over to the ‘Blu-ray Hardware, Software and Media’ forum. :wink:

Are you burning data or a blu ray movie?

Try a burn with ImgBurn. You can set it to verify the burn also. See if you have any problems show up. ImgBurn is free to use and can be found here: www.imgburn.com

Kerry,

I I have only been burning data. Will imgburn allow me to burn data as I don’t have any iso’s to burn - unless I create one…?

Thanks - Mallard27

ImgBurn will burn data in Build mode. Just add the files you want. There are guides to using ImgBurn here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4&

ImgBurn starts up in EZ Picker mode in the default settings, so just choose Write Files/Folders to Disc to get into Build mode.

Make sure to set output to Device (your burner) rather than Image File, if you want to burn straight to the disk.

Kelly56,

I tried that and the disc burned without errors. I guess it is Nero. Thanks for your help. I wish I would have tried this before mailing the drive back to Pioneer 2 different times though there support told me it sounded like the drive.

Thanks again - Mallard27

Is Nero drivespeed running??

I am not sure. I am certain it works but not sure if it was running during a burn. I did run windiff on the disc and compared to the source and found that it was exactly the same. This leads me to believe that Nero is flagging a warning that does not really exist.