Nero Burns ISO Image Fine but not DVD-Video

vbimport

Hello All,

I’m new to this board. I’m having a strange problem when attempting to burn videos to Ritek G04 discs with Nero. If I first make an ISO (or NRG) image of the disc and then burn the image, I have no problems. If I attempt to create a DVD-Video compilation and select the Video_Ts contents and then burn the disc, I end up with a disc which hangs at about 2/3 of the way through the movie. It hangs on both the computer and on set-top boxes.

This issue is that I am now forced to generate the images onto the hard drive before burning, which adds another step in my process (and adds 6 minutes or so per disc). I basically pretend I am creating a DVD-Video but change the recorder to ‘virtual’ and write it to the .nrg image, following by the step where I actually burn the image to the DVD-R disc.

Here is my configuration:

• Nero Burning Rom 6.3.0.3
  • Lite-On 411S burner (Firmware FS0J)
  • Ridata (Ritek) G04 media - 4X DVD-R

I have read that my burner doesn’t do well with the Ritek media (too bad because I bought a 100 spindle). It’s interesting how the image burning results in a perfect disc but the DVD-Video results in a bad burn.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can avoid the image-creation interim step in my process and still get reliable burns?

Thanks,

HTBuilder

bump