Nero Burning Issue

vbimport

Having an issue burning using Nero v8.3.6.0 and DVDFab Platinum v5.2.2.2. It rips through the movie fine, and then burns it using Nero which all seems to work well. Once the burn is done I take it to one dvd player (Sony dvp-ns75h) and it starts acting like its going to play, but the time on the dvd player never increases, and i get no picture. I take it another DVD player (toshiba SD-1200) and it gives me an error loading the disc. Switching to imgburn works fine I am able to play the movie in both players.

those ones that are burned with nero may not have the AUDIO_TS folder which some standalone dvd players will not player if it is not present on the the disc, and ImgBurn creats that folder…even though it is empty it is needed by some dvd players

Hi gpb & SJ:

Nero recently updated Nero 8 to 8.3.13.0 - while Nero has yet to provide a changelog, you might want to consider this upgrade.

[B]Update:[/B] I realize this is the DVDFab forum but I focused on the poster’s title “Nero Burning Issue”. I hope this is not viewed as a problem. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

downloading it now and ill test it out. Wish I knew when it stopped working, would make it easier to know if its Nero or DVDFab.

Welcome to CDF’s:

sorry off topic:
Something for the future is you might think about getting an image app. I think you can still find Acronis True Image version 7 for free on the net. If you have a Seagate hard drive you can grab Seagate DiscWizard for free off of seagate’s website. It’s basically a stripped down version Acronis TI.

Make images of your C: drive periodically so you have something to fall back on. I use O&O DiskImage but i also have Acronis TI. It’s really nice when something like this happens, load up an image and be back up and running in 10-15 minutes or so.

[QUOTE=Bob;2188857]Welcome to CDF’s:

sorry off topic:
Something for the future is you might think about getting an image app. I think you can still find Acronis True Image version 7 for free on the net…[/QUOTE]
Great advice Bob…:iagree:
I’ve been using TI 7 for years…a solid little app.
It’s saved me from a world of pain many times over, especially when I hear “Dad”…or “honey, my computer’s screwed up”…:bigsmile:

I have true image, and use it often. I’m just behind in my movie watching, so I don’t really know when this problem cropped up. I update Nero to the newest version, but no change in the problem.

yea its not nero its dvdfab for some reason it doesn’t create audio_ts folder anymore. Also it doesnt give u the option to include the audio_ts folder.

Sorry not a correct statment, if you use the buiktin burn engine of DVDFab it does create the AUDIO_TS folder same if you use ImgBurn within DVDFab

Exactly what I was going to say

good minds work a like :wink:

StormJumper - I can agree with everything you say. I just tried it myself with Nero 8.3.13 and DVDFab Plat 5.2.2.0, and sure enough, the Audio_TS directory is missing - which does not happen with the other two burning engines (not that I care too much as I use ImgBurn 99% of the time). However, what confuses me is why the option to burn the Audio_TS file is “greyed out” in DVDFab at least in Customize mode. Has it always been that way? I guess I could try again, but does someone know what happens if you use Nero burning engine in DVDFab Clone mode?

But how come I used Nero 8.3.6.0 all this time with dvdfab (older versions) to burn dvds and that they all have the audio_ts folder in it and worked in dvd players until the new version of dvdfab came out? Therefore, the statement I made has validity.

You know - when this feature was added to DVDFab I had Nero 8 installed, albeit an older version than now, but I was very pleased to find that it worked fine. So - I agree that somewhere between then and now, something changed in either DVDFab or Nero. With your experience, it points to DVDFab.

If I recall the folder was empty anyway, if you bothered to look in it. Oops I always used the VSO engine and the folder was empty as everything was in the video ts

[QUOTE=Joe011;2190234]But how come I used Nero 8.3.6.0 all this time with dvdfab (older versions) to burn dvds and that they all have the audio_ts folder in it and worked in dvd players until the new version of dvdfab came out? Therefore, the statement I made has validity.[/QUOTE]

It has validity only if you believe that the authors of DVDFab also wrote the burning engine - which they didn’t. The inclusion or lack of same of the AUDIO_TS folder is strictly a function of the burning engine - not DVDFab.

That’s why there is no option in Fab to include it (or leave it out).

I have no quick explanation as to why Nero 8.3.6.0 included the folder in older versions of Fab, and not in the new release. Programming is a tricky business at best… varying degrees of smartness can be built into software so that its operation is as seamless as possible, while minimizing the amount of user interface to get the job done(the less newbies input to a program, the less it’ll screw up doing the job)

I’m not saying this is what happened in this case - a much deeper analysis is required by people better suited for it than me.

It’s just that most everyone who experiences a burning problem seems to dump on DVDFab as the problem. If Fab were to issue the software minus the burn engine, and people had to go out and find their own, I strongly suspect I’d be sitting in front of my computer on this forum with not too much to do.

IMHO.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=HAMsmoke;2190177]StormJumper - I can agree with everything you say. I just tried it myself with Nero 8.3.13 and DVDFab Plat 5.2.2.0, and sure enough, the Audio_TS directory is missing - which does not happen with the other two burning engines (not that I care too much as I use ImgBurn 99% of the time). However, what confuses me is why the option to burn the Audio_TS file is “greyed out” in DVDFab at least in Customize mode. Has it always been that way? I guess I could try again, but does someone know what happens if you use Nero burning engine in DVDFab Clone mode?[/QUOTE]

As I learned the hard way a couple of days ago, DVDFab’s Clone mode was written specifically for the Clearview (hardware?/software?). Not sure what it is as I’ve never seen it anywhere, and haven’t gotten around to looking it up to see what it was.

A burn by Nero or any other engine should yield acceptable results.

Re Customize mode - not a clue as to why AUDIO_TS folder is grayed out there.

O’C

:slight_smile:

How can you say that? I think there are many people here who use free DVDFab (no burning engine) along with DVD Shrink, and it seems to me they have the most problems. So don’t worry about not being busy! LOL! People also do a lot of dumping on VSO - another piece of code that is not written by fengtao - but doesn’t everyone expect it to work?

While your comments about what DVDFab Platinum can and cannot do vs. what Nero should be doing may be true (I don’t know), I look at it this way, if DVDFab lets you select your burn engine, it should be expected to produce a DVD that plays in a stand alone DVD Player. If it does not, then why have the option?

Well Ham it appears that you have a problem with Nero or something other than DVDFAB as I myself have had FAB from ver 2.9 up to the latest and have always used the VSO engine except for 2 times when I tried Imgburn and have well over 500 movies with no problems but if you check a little deeper a lot of people have had problems with Nero and had to revert back to an earlier version of Nero to get it to work properly as the newer versions of Nero are loaded down with crap so that might be the problem NOT DVDFAB

Jimbo - I will take your word at face value. After all, I have used DVDFab and others with absolutely no problems over the past 2 years, and am very satisfied with all my purchases, Platinum included. As mentioned above, I use ImgBurn, so I never see this fault. If it is Nero … well let’s just say I didn’t upgrade to Ver 9 for a reason. And I have no issues with VSO either, being a goldmember there.