Nero: burning "image.nrg"

vbimport

I am using Nero 5.5.9.6 on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I am new to Nero, so my apologies if I am not describing correctly.

Every time I try to burn a file with Nero, I keep getting image.nrg. Below are my steps.

1. Click on “File”, then “Burn Image”.

2. Window title “Open” pops up

3. I click on the file that I want to burn and click open

4. A Window that has “Burn” highlighted pops up

5. I click on Burn, then another window “Save image file” pops up.

6. I choose my CD-RW drive and click save.

7. I look at my CD and all i got is “image.nrg” file.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The original file was an iso image.

Well, from what you have said, it seems to me nero is burning the image file as the file, and not the contents of the image file - hence your ‘save image’ info - this is wierd, as after opening an image, a pane with burn does pop up, but I have ‘write’ highlighted.

Not sure what’s going on - but you do not want to save the image at all, but burn it. What happens if you close or ignore the save-image, and just try to write the image file?

I would update your nero - version 5 latest should be 5.5.10.56 - should be a free upgrade from Ahead’s site.

it seems to me like nero has just copied it as a data disc.

update your nero like icey says then try burning your image like this.

1. open nero express
  2. select your drive from the drop down menu.
  3. select disc image or saved project.
  4. navigate to the image and open it.
  5. check destination drive, select burn speed, click next.

let us know if this works.

1. I choose my CD-RW drive and click save.

This is where you are going wrong. You should save image files to hard disk - I only save to image if I need to burn multiple copies. To burn the image to disk, you need to get Nero to burn the image to disk. (Recorder > burn image on the menu bar in v6).

You don’t need to upgrade Nero at all.

It might be possible that you don’t have permissions to use cd drive to write. Try to burn with administrator account or ask administrator to give you permissions. This works for me :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=gumaar;2577078]It might be possible that you don’t have permissions to use cd drive to write. Try to burn with administrator account or ask administrator to give you permissions. This works for me :)[/QUOTE]

Ressurrecting a 6 years old thread is useful?!?