Nero Burnig

When I compile and write a Data CD with Nero burning I always get the last square turn red, it do’s this with all makes of CD’s. when I run CD Speed Scandist it reads.

Good 99.06 %
Damaged 0.00 %
Unreadable 0.94 %
Surface scan completed

My writer is a LTR-48125W

Anyone else had this before and what could be causing it. Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks

I wouldn’t worry about that, I get that too, with all my three writers (Philips 4x, Plextor 24x, and Lite-On 32/48x), and the files read absolutely fine, with perfect extraction and checking when I check with CDCheck, comparing with the original.

Nothing to worry about. It always occurs with Nero. This is a
common question in the forum. The best or only answer so far
is that it relates to Nero’s multisession feature. I find scandisc
to be somewhat unreliable. I have one disc which I tested 3 times on my Liteon LTR-40125S which had damaged %'s of
39.37, 45.36, & 47.17. Fortunately, the unreadable was a
constant 0.11% which was the red sector at the end. Of course,
that same disc scored 0% damage on another burner with 0.11%
unreadable. On cdcheck, it was o.k…

Thanks for your replies that has put my mind at rest

Thanks

Forgot to mention that if you start a disc on no multisession with Nero then you should not get that red sector in cdspeed’s scandisc.

Forgot to mention that if you start a disc on no multisession with Nero then you should not get that red sector in cdspeed’s scandisc.

Not so, I always start off with no multisession checked. I think it has something to do with the write modes, or finalization, or both. But in any case, I agree, nothing to worry about.

Thanks for your reply’s I will give it ago. :slight_smile:

Well, everybody is happy and still knowing NOTHING about this red sector.

It could contain allot of thinks…

I’m suggesting to use other burning software until we understund why this last sector is “UNREADABLE”
I tried all multisession options it has no influence!

Any other news about this?
Nero 5.5.8.0 actually