Nero burned DVD, playback horrible

vbimport

Just tried to burn my first DVD from TivoToGo Desktop files. Nero VisionExpress acted like everything was OK, took an hour and a half. Then I put it in the TIVO to playback DVD and could just see one slight, choppy image of what should be the DVD video. Got the same result putting int a DVD player hooked up to another TV. What I’m getting looks more like a still shot of something near the beginning of the video, and eventually it goes to a still shot of something farther along in the video, though not full screen-size pictures. Just parts of what would/should be on the screen. And very, very infrequently a brief sharp sound comes out that I assume is what I’m getting of the audio. I’ve got Windows XP and dual-layer disk and this burner: BenQ 16x4x16x DVD±RW / 2.4x DVD+R DL / 40x24x40x CD-RW / Black / Dual-Layer / OEM DVD
Anybody got any ideas? Experimenting/troubleshooting with dual-layer DVD blanks could get expensive.

What is the format of the source (Tivo) files? WHat settings video/audio settings did you use in NVE? What is the MID of the DVDR?