Nero burn fails at 95% alot - help

hey guys,

I’m trying to use nero 5.5 to write with my new cdr that is a 48x. I usually only write at 40x. But alot (most) of the time, nero will chug along fine, then at the very last track or at around 95%, it will just poop out and tell me that the write failed. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution? Thanks ahead of time

I had that problem, which is why i took my TDK back to TDK to get it replaced or repaired.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Without more information, this is unanswerable. Media is the most likely cause of this, try better media.
What drive?
What are you burning?
What media?
What are the buffers doing when it fails?

it is a buslink 48x16x48 drive.
I’m usually burning mp3’s but I was doing software the other day and it happened.

I heard I’m supposed to be using cd’s made in japan, but i didn’t know if that was true or myth since my last cd burner was a 4x i never worried about it. Right now I’m using Memorex CDR’s 700mb.

The buffers are usually going crazy. The drive buffer fluxuates between 20%-90% and the hd does the same.

hope this is the info you needed.

The buffers are usually going crazy. The drive buffer fluxuates between 20%-90% and the hd does the same.

That’s your problem.
When creating an audio CD from MP3, you will need to convert to wave before compiling and burning the CD, or choose 16x burn speed. Your system is not able to convert and burn simultaneously at higher speeds.
Make sure that DMA is enabled for all drives, this can also cause buffer problems.

Slow the drive down. Who would wanna write at 40X?

Write at a slower speed … run tests to see what speed you can write at without ERRORS.

Speed Kills!!!

Originally posted by XMarine
Slow the drive down. Who would wanna write at 40X?
Me :wink: … and i suppose everyone else that goes out and buys a 40x cdr drive.

And believe me it is possible to do that without “killing” anybody :wink:

@ fuware

Follow rdgrimes advice on this one and you’ll be just fine. Report back with if any progress :slight_smile:

TDK works best with buslink , optimum is a sucky brand since its new .