Nero BookType

How do you set booktype in nero?

Thanks

Setting the booktype in Nero is only part of the solution to enable DVD-ROM’s to be made…

With your burner (NEC 2500) you need to get hold of the beta 5 firmware that Herrie has created…

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=23899

Then get hold of DVDinfopro and use that to set the booktype for DVD+ discs.

NOTE you can’t set the booktype of DVD - or DVDRW - discs ONLY the + types can be changed.

Then using Nero (I use version 5.5.10.56) put a DVD+ in the drive and you will note that when you select to burn the disc you have a check box that allows you to tick it that selects DVD-ROM for the booktype.

After you have burned it you can check the media in DVDinfopro and it will show that the booktype is DVD-ROM

Why doesn’t that option appear for my LiteOn drive, which supports bitsetting?

Originally posted by code65536
Why doesn’t that option appear for my LiteOn drive, which supports bitsetting?

If Bitsetting is enabled and supported within the firmware of the drive itself I am not sure as to why you do not see that setting within Nero except to suggest…

When I first enabled bitsetting on my NEC 2500 using a beta firmware Nero (latest of the version 6 type) would not give me the option. So I used the version 5 that I listed. However uninstalling the version 5 and then using Nero’s cleaning tool before reinstalling version 6.xxxx has allowed it to now work - it might help you…?