Nero Backitup Restore problem

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I have really important data need to be restored. Ok, I backed up my whole HD partition on 4 DVDs. Now when I restore it by booting from the first DVD, I get this error at about 5 to 10%:

The system memory manager (EMM386.exe) has detected an error caused by a fault in one of the device drivers or programs loaded in the system.

Exception 6 (Invalid opcode)
… codes…

The restore program version is 1.083.

The EMM386.exe is part of Caldera DR-DOS 7.03 which loaded when the computer start to boot from the DVD.

Does anyone know how to fix this? and if not, is there a way I can extract files from the backup dvd files (.DAT) so I can recover as much as I can. Thanks

DJ

Hi DJ,

I have just experienced the identical problem to this one you described. Did you manage to find a solution? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Klaus

Can you boot up XP? If so, you should be able to access the files two ways. You can use Windows Explorer, or you can use BackItUp to restore whatever files you want.

Well, at least I think that’s the case. I have used BackItUp to backup some data folders. I never tried to backup everything. That would require an enormous number of DVDs. I didn’t even know BackItUp could produce a bootable DVD, so maybe I’m mistaken about your situation.

Not sure if anybody ever solved this problem, but I have experienced the same thing. It was very frustrating. To solve this I added the latest update for the version I am using (Nero v7.10 .1.2 update ) and everything worked just fine. They had a problem with older version to restore backups.

Hey everyone. I had a problem retrieving my data from a back up disc created by Nero 7. I downloaded winzip 11.2 and was able to extract all my files from the backup discs. Hope this helps.