Nero Backitup question

vbimport

Hi:
Recently installed Nero 6, I would like to try out the Nero Backitup that was supposed to be included, but I can’t find it anywhere.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Cuco

Originally posted by Cuco6924
[B]Hi:
Recently installed Nero 6, I would like to try out the Nero Backitup that was supposed to be included, but I can’t find it anywhere.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Cuco [/B]

Hello,

You can launch the Backitup program two ways. You can go through the program list or through the Nero startsmart.

Start>All programs>Nero>Nero Ultra Edition>Backitup.

In the startsmart click on the Backup icon to begin the backup
process.

For more detail about this great program, please download and read the Backitup user manual.

LinK: http://www.nero.com/us/631927445295162.html

Darrick
Nero

Darrick:
Thanks for your reply.

Thats the problem, when I go through:

Start>All programs>Nero>Nero Ultra Edition> , the Backitup option is not there. When I try to start the Smartstart thing the backitup uption is not offered to me.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Nero but for some reason the same thing happens. If I try running “Backituo.exe” from the Nero/backitup directory, a message comes up telling me that I have no right to run the backitup program, or words to that effect. I would like to use Nero 6, I like it, all the other features of Nero work great but Backitup is not.

Help…

TIA,

Cuco

[B]Darrick:
Thanks for your reply.

Thats the problem, when I go through:

Start>All programs>Nero>Nero Ultra Edition> , the Backitup option is not there. When I try to start the Smartstart thing the backitup uption is not offered to me.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Nero but for some reason the same thing happens. If I try running “Backituo.exe” from the Nero/backitup directory, a message comes up telling me that I have no right to run the backitup program, or words to that effect. I would like to use Nero 6, I like it, all the other features of Nero work great but Backitup is not.

Help…

TIA,

Cuco [/B]

Hello,

Dear Customer,

You may have a corrupted install. Please run the Nero clean tool (link below) on your system, reboot and try only installing the Nero 6 programs.
After each install reboot your system to prevent registry problems.

ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/nero-cleantool.zip

Darrick
Nero TechSupport:D

Darrick:
Thanks for your suggestion about Nero Clean Tool. I tried it and after re-entering the code very carefully, It worked. Now I can use Nero Backituo. What a fine addition this program is.

However, not being one to let well enough alone, I downloaded and installed the 6.0.0.15 update. After that, if I start Backitup, Burning ROM or any of the Nero programs using Nero Smart Start everything works great, but if I start Nero Burning ROM from the Start menu or a desktop icon, it shows a message telling me that Nero has encountered a problem and needs to close. Do you have any idea as to what this problem might be and how to correct it?

Once again, Derrick, I appreciate your kind help, finaly I can use Nero 6. I love this program!!!

Cuco

[B]Darrick:
Thanks for your suggestion about Nero Clean Tool. I tried it and after re-entering the code very carefully, It worked. Now I can use Nero Backituo. What a fine addition this program is.

However, not being one to let well enough alone, I downloaded and installed the 6.0.0.15 update. After that, if I start Backitup, Burning ROM or any of the Nero programs using Nero Smart Start everything works great, but if I start Nero Burning ROM from the Start menu or a desktop icon, it shows a message telling me that Nero has encountered a problem and needs to close. Do you have any idea as to what this problem might be and how to correct it?

Once again, Derrick, I appreciate your kind help, finaly I can use Nero 6. I love this program!!!

Cuco [/B]

Hello,

Run the Nero clean tool again and only install the 60015.

Darrick
Nero TechSupport

Darrick:

It worked! Life is good again. Thanks again, Darrick, for your help and patience.

Cuco