Nero Appears to Record to CD at a Higher Volume

Interesting - I did a test using a number of different tracks that had all been converted to the WMA (Windows Media Audio) format.

First created a CD using Windows Media Player 8 on WinXP.

Then, created a CD using the same tracks with Nero 5.5.9.9. When I listened to the two, the Nero CD was recorded at a higher volume level, which produced distortion and clipping on some tracks. The audio CD made with WMP 8 didn’t.

Any ideas? FWIW, I don’t recall EZCD 5.1 causing this problem, and EZCD has better WMA support (both Encoding and decoding - Nero only does decoding)

The Windows Media Player uses the Roxio CD burning engine, so the results should be similar to EZCD Creator 5.

Originally posted by One Old Jedi
[B]Interesting - I did a test using a number of different tracks that had all been converted to the WMA (Windows Media Audio) format.

First created a CD using Windows Media Player 8 on WinXP.

Then, created a CD using the same tracks with Nero 5.5.9.9. When I listened to the two, the Nero CD was recorded at a higher volume level, which produced distortion and clipping on some tracks. The audio CD made with WMP 8 didn’t.

Any ideas? FWIW, I don’t recall EZCD 5.1 causing this problem, and EZCD has better WMA support (both Encoding and decoding - Nero only does decoding) [/B]

How were you able to create a CD using windows media player 8? I have the option, but keeps telling the that media not found. But is there. there are no problems with the writer.