Nero + 'AnyDVD' question

vbimport

Hi guys. Apologies for a cross-posting of this to another site! I have the Nero Suite 6.6.1.4 OEM, basically because someone gave me it! I also have ‘AnyDVD’ (latest version). What I’m wondering is: using Nero in conjunction with ‘AnyDVD’, is there a way to take from a copy-protected disc containing episodes and/or extras, just one or two episodes and/or extras that I want, and record them on a blank DVD? (I use my laptop computer’s NTI CD & DVD-Maker, Edition 7, Gold, for this kind of copying.)

Thanks - Ken52

I am not very familiar with the nero family, but I believe what you will probably need to do is to rip the entire dvd to your hard drive with anydvds built in ripper. This will allow you to rip away the copy protection and allow Nero to treat this file as if it were not protected. Then you could either use Nero Vision Express (I believe that it comes with your particular suite) or the other program that you mentioned to pull together what material (episodes or extras) you wanted. Once you save this you should be able to use any burning program (Nero since you have it would be a good idea) to burn your newly created/edited dvd file to a blank dvd media.
Also i suggest using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Blanks, Right now they are the best and most highly recommended.

Hearty thanks cwrightthruya for that advice. I actually ended up proceeding slightly differently, using Nero Recode (and with ‘AnyDVD’ running in the background). Thus I was able to burn to a folder of selected items from the original disc (other items had been Disabled), using Nero Recode’s own burning procedure. Then, still using Nero Recode, I burned the items onto a blank DVD+RW. The latter wasn’t one of the brands recommended by you, but I HAVE noted your advice!

Now, anyone, a question. Since using Nero Recode, every time I insert a new movie disc into my laptop, Nero Recode opens up unbidden. How can I stop it doing that, please?

Thanks - Ken52

Any time ken52. I didnt know you had nero recode. I am truly sorry about that whole long thing i tried to send you on. Trust me, the way you did it is a hell of a lot easier than what i said to do.
On your second question. You should be able to turn the autostart feature off in recodes options menu. If you have any problems give us another shout and ill see if i cant find you some step by step instructions.
Cwrightthruya

Actually, my attempt to use Nero Recode wasn’t terribly successful. Some tracks I’d originally Disabled resulted in the final burned disc having tracks showing the legend ‘The video has been removed’. Coming at the start of the disc in question, this made the disc unplayable in a couple of stand-alone DVD-players around the house.

I was able to solve the other litle problem. Right-clicking on the E: drive/Properties/AutoPlay enabled me to tell the computer what to do when a DVD is inserted.

• Ken52

There are several stand alones that dont like rw’s to begin with, so that may be your problem. I dont use them personally. Around here you can get a spindle of fifty +r blanks for $15, so burning once and tossing isnt a big deal. I dont know enough about recode to be able to offer any suggestions (Apologies). Since you have any dvd try downloading the trial of clone dvd and see if it works. It is really easy to use and i havent had any major problems with it except for multiangle dvd’s(it doesnt like them too well). Just be sure and uncheck the keep menus option and place the green arrow on the title that you want to play first. Then all you have to do is to choose which titles you would like to keep and clone should do the rest.

PS: Try and go with one +r just to see if it works.

Good luck
Cwrightthruya

Thanks, cwrightthruya. You have been informative - and clear. Clarity can sometimes go missing on forums where technical information must be laboriously conveyed to the uninformed (e.g., me), I’ve found!

‘CloneDVD’ sounds very promising.

• Ken52

You are very welcome. Any time.