Nero and VDC

Hi,

just trying to burn a VCD from a mpeg stream.
It´s taking very long for encoding the mpeg file (twcie the time the movie would play !!!)
Is this normal? Or am i only tooo stupid?

Thanx

Im a newbie at this as well but I have successfully made VCDs using Nero and only nero, any other program I have used to encode video goes sooooo slow it would take about a week to encode, Nero takes about 1.5 hours. dont know what im doing but it works and its fast so I dont know what to tell you but I think NERO is fast… you may need more processor power.

:cool:

Originally posted by war
[B]Im a newbie at this as well but I have successfully made VCDs using Nero and only nero, any other program I have used to encode video goes sooooo slow it would take about a week to encode, Nero takes about 1.5 hours. dont know what im doing but it works and its fast so I dont know what to tell you but I think NERO is fast… you may need more processor power.

:cool: [/B]

huhmm… more prozessor power? well, i think, a Athlon 1800+ should be enough…

tried some other tools, an the are miles faster…but with this tools, the vcd resfused to be played in mey DVD player (ok i am a newbie…)
so i tried nero.

ok, maybe i could try some otions in other prggys, but hey, why using 3 ore more proggys while nero could handle this?

any more suggestions?

I’d love to help but I’m new to VCD etc too. I’ve paid for the extra plugins so I can put all the home movies onto disc - haven’t even thought of starting yet - but I will by the middle of the year.

A fine soul from ahead has graciously accepted to drop in and answer questions for us, so we’ll just have to wait unless there’s a VCD guru out there.

Nero is a fine product and I’ve had no problems after removing conflicting vxd files since I started out in the early V5s.

They know EVERYTHING, you can also check to see if your standalone DVD can even play VCD’s.