Nero and svcd creation

Hi all, I am making a svcd of my digital images when i drag the files over, and it creates the menu pages it will only go up to 96 images, it creates 16 pages based on 6 slides per page but i have over 300 images, based on this there should be about 50 pages does anyone know why?

Am i doing something wrong when configuring the settings I’m using nero 5.5.9.17 and a plextor 40x writer.

would increasing the thumbnails per page help!

tia
best regards lee
:smiley:

Hi, I’ve never done this and frankly didn’t think of it. I usually do a web album or slide show with other apps. Could it be a limitation of pages i.e. mor thumbnails = more images or have you maxed out on MBs? I’ll try tonight and see what happens

Hi FutureProof, thanks for replying, have just found out that using the menu method; and nero uses the menu page system. You can only have 99 tracks and each image is a track. By increasing the thumbnails you reduce the number of menu pages but the 99 track = 99 images still stands. :frowning:

To have more I would have to use chapters, so I need to find out how I would go about doing this :bigsmile: what software do I need? and is this the best way of creating this type of CD.

tia

best regards Lee

Ulead DVD PictureShow
This is what you need, the best for photo cd and photo dvd :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Capt Opitcal
You can only have 99 tracks and each image is a track. By increasing the thumbnails you reduce the number of menu pages but the 99 track = 99 images still stands. :frowning:
This sounds suspiciously like Track At Once (TAO) writing which is limited to 99 tracks. If you write in Disk At Once (DAO) you can fill your boots :wink:

Look at it this way…you can write 99 MP3 songs, whether it’s 99MB or 700 MB, with TAO or 700 MB worth, with maybe 250 songs using DAO.

Edit:

OK - I just loaded up 158 images and got a message:

but I still got 158 images into the SVCD

try changing to DAO

Thanks for the info and for taking the time to test your theory FutureProof; much appreciated, tried it and can scroll to the last.

best regards Lee

will look into the ulead software thanks for the tip Rotame

Can Ulead DVD PictureShow insert short movie sequences?

Ulead DVD PictureShow is as the name means: Picture Show.
It can insert BMP-GIF-JP2(JPEG)-JPC-JPG-PNG-PSD-TIF (Almost all picture formats). Also for background music can insert mpeg(mpa-mp3) and wav.
:slight_smile:

Hi Rotame,
just got Ulead Pictureshow, nice little program, does exactly what I want it to do; and a bit more. I like the way you can apply different audio to each slideshow and using backgrounds on the menus make it look a bit more professional.

many thanks. :bigsmile:

Don’t ya just luv these forums :cool:

Hi
don´t thank me , i only suggest you the software, thank Ulead if you purchased it:) :bigsmile: