Nero and Roxio

vbimport

I have been told that Nero 7 and Roxio EMC 10 are incompatible and you can run either one or the other but can’t have both on your computer. I am a 72 year old learner and need a younger knowledge. Any one got any advice on this supposed incompatability please?

Oakiedokie

I’ve had both installed on an XP SP2 machine, and don’t recall any particular conflict. I’ve used them to check features and functions against one another at the same time.

That said, however, I’ve only got one installed at the moment (Nero). I probably removed Roxio because I was trying to isolate some vexing burner problems I’ve been having with identifying flakey media. It’s not good policy to run both at the same time, unless you can be sure you’re getting good burns on good media.

— Roy Zider

[QUOTE=oakiedokie;2016866]I have been told that Nero 7 and Roxio EMC 10 are incompatible and you can run either one or the other but can’t have both on your computer. I am a 72 year old learner and need a younger knowledge. Any one got any advice on this supposed incompatability please?

Oakiedokie[/QUOTE]

To a degree those two software don’t matter if they are installed on the same computer it’s the dll files or programs they have running in the task bar that will cause conflicts with the other programs function. That is where you run into problems at. Each will load their own memory resident program which in turn causes the other files to be corrupted or fail to run properly as programmed. Also there has been more people who seem to have program roxio program then nero program why don’t know?? As people system is varied as the users on this forum is. It all comes down to the memory resident programs conflicting with each other because they both are burning programs. I have nero 6 but removed Incd cause it was causing my windows write cd/dvd program to go dumb…after taking it off it seems to cure the problem.

Thanks guys for your very helpful comments.
Oakie

Any problem will likely to be if you have both products’ packet writing software installed. There should not be any issue with having both installed at all - not found any myself.