Nero and Lightscribe. LS not working

I’m a newbie, hope someone can help me.

I am trying to use Lightscribe for the first time with Nero. Even though I can design a cd cover, it doesn’t seem to give me an option to print it via the Lightscribe drive (see Pic 1 below). It also doesn’t seem to to recognize my Lightscribe CD drive. (see Pic 2 below).

I’ve browsed Nero and Lightscribe’s sites and haven’t been able to find an answer yet. According to both sites, I need to have:
LightScribe technology requires these elements:

1. LightScribe-enabled optical disc drive
  2. LightScribe-compatible media
  3. Nero 6 Reloaded (Nero 6.6.0.8 or a later version installed)
  4. Lightscribe Host Software (download of the latest version)

I have all of the above, with Nero version 6.6.1.4 and have downloaded the LightScribe System Software Host version 1.4.124.1.

According to the instructions, after completing the cover design in Nero, I should have an option for “LightScribe Print.” I do not have that option. In the “Properties” section in Nero Cover Design, it also doesn’t list my drive as the Lightscribe drive.
I’ve already uninstalled Nero, used the Clean Up function, then reinstalled Nero and the Lightscribe hosts with still no success.

I know it’s a Lightscribe capable drive since I tested the basic Lightscribe templates from the LITE ON site (the ones where you can only enter text) and it came out perfectly lightscribed. However, those templates only allow for text and a basic border and I want to be able to use the Nero Cover Design so I can also add pictures as well as text on the disk.

Any clue what I need to do?

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

If you go through the previous posts, you will find several related to lightscribe. Since I don’t have it, I can’t check which ones might work. I have posted one below and it might help, but read the entire thread before you try anything, some of the suggestions my not be necessary for your setup.

The one thing that made sense, and you can check, is if you have a lightscribe service that needs to be started in the administrative tools/services. Check for that and see. Otherwise, check out the thread, it also tells how to start the service.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=161696&highlight=lightscribe

Hi Orange Dream and welcome to CDF

I have Lightscrib and also Nero 7 :bigsmile:
I use the LightScrib CD Labeler 4 SE and not the one from nero
If you have the LightScrib CD Labeler 4 SE you may find it will work very good

Tim

First, you should have LightScribe Icon in your Cover Design Module; if so then click on file in Cover Design, click on “Preference” then click on LightScribe as illustrated below tell if you have all these.

[B]Saltgrass[/B]~ Thank you for the suggestion, however, I have read that thread and browsed this forum. I have unistalled, reinstalled, checked my administrative settings as suggested on the thread with no avail before posting. I wasn’t able to find a problem similar to mine, so I started a new thread.

[B]TCAS[/B]~
I guess my problem is that I don’t see the Lightscribe button and again, my drive does not show up in that section where is says: “Default Lightscribe Drive.” I’m not sure what to do to have it show up there based on what I have already tried to do to my computer so far.
But again, I know the Lightscribe works, since I tried with the LightScribe Simple Labeler (which allows only text and a border). I just can’t seem to make it work with Nero.

I used to have problems with Nero 6 and LightScribe, and it was all serial-related, all was solved when I purchased the full Nero 6.6 Reloaded version. I can’t say this would be the solution for you as well, but since I bought the full version both LightScribe (on my rig’s BenQ DW1655) and LabelFlash (on my laptop’s NEC ND-7551A) work flawlesly. Also, with the demo version of Nero 7 I couldn’t burn LightScribe or LabelFlash, the buttons were greyed out. As soon as I bought the Premium version and entered the appropriate serial number, the LightScribe/LabelFlash buttons were not greyed out anymore in Nero CoverDesigner, and they also appeared as shortcuts in Nero StartSmart!

Not always.

I know this late but it could be the LS Host.