anything fancy (no copywrite problems)
but would like to use CD-RW for
temporary backups and learn about
ISO files so I can try to learn Linux.
I’m not quite sure what I need to burn
a downloaded Linux ISO so that it will
boot and install on my old computer.
Thanks

There seems to a underlyinh problem with Directcd and INcd being both on the same machine. There are other problems such as Nero comes with its own driver and dll’d same thing with ezcd.
They conflict and do not like each other much(kinda like 2 big dogs that are both male and hate each other instantly).

But note, Some people do not have a problem with both the programs being on their pc’s.

Ahead (Nero) has made a little bootmenu in case such problems do exist.

It is generally DirectCD that is causing most problems (at least in my experience).

I’m not quite sure what I need to burn
a downloaded Linux ISO so that it will
boot and install on my old computer.

To burn ISO’s u can use Nero or Easy CD Creator. Most Linux downloads I have come across use the .iso extension in the file name. In Nero goto File then Burn Image and select the .iso and burn. Easy CD Creator uses a similar process to burn .iso’s. If you have Easy CD Creator already installed then just use that as it will do the job.

As far as having both Nero and Easy CD Creator installed you will be ok as long as you don’t install Direct CD along with the Easy CD Creator install. So do a custom install and deselect Direct CD.

Note that Easy CD Creator and Nero perform nearly the same functions as the other, so make a choice between the 2 and only install 1 of them. I suggest you install Nero over Easy CD Creator.

There is a file available that allows you to select whose drivers (nero’s or adpatec’s) to load on startup. I don’t know the link but I’m pretty sure it was somewhere on Nero’s website.

Ruibing

The new version of nero has that problem corrected where it doesn’t effect each other and doesn’t FREEZE and more